Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trading 60 second Expiries with Nadex !!!

for us Nadex binary traders that think 5 minutes is an eternity to be in the market, heres our thread. When there is volume in the market the forex majors can move 3-5 pips easily in a 1 minute candle, this can give us the opportunity to get in a trade and exit out on the 5 minute binary expiry count down pretty much anytime over the Nadex 30 second Dark Zone -when the Bid/Ask disappears. I have an Mt4 time generator that puts up 20 second candles that I sometimes trade with , but mostly I use the 1 candle trade on the 1 minute chart. The key is to get in at candle open and Exit the trade rite after the 1 minute candle close, and move on with life. I will post some charts of some setups that I generally take (trend line bounces/ breaks etc.) and see what you guys think if its duplicatable. To get fast fills go into Nadex- Settings-Preferences and set your desired contract size you will be using and then select Market orders. That helps when you click on a strike it puts the contract size you pre-selected from the preference setting in the contract Quantity box automatically so you dont have to enter how many contracts before placing an order. Ive found using these Settings I can place a trade with Nadex faster than most spot platforms on their best day. Feel free to post any strategies you currently use , we can look at them all. I traded 30 second expiries originally when they first came out for a year that was my intro into binaries...
    Last edited by Chad; 11-30-2016 at 08:01 PM.

2. Thanks Michael Hodges thanked this post
    here is usdjpy buy strike 113.77 @ $66.5 and then sold at $87.00 . If price does not make a move in 40 seconds I exit the trade right away. This is a a chart where each candle is 20 seconds. The strike that you choose really isnt terribly important its the bid/ask movement that we are looking for with this short of trade. Price came back to the trendline and was looking for a short bounce before it eventually breaks the trendline altogether. I entered on a small pin bar . UJ likes to throw nice bigger pin bars when its reversing , but this was not one of those pin bars . just looking for a bounce. I will post a pic of a reversal signal later

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 secbuy.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	6121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40sec close.jpg 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	6122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 sectrade.jpg 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	6123
    Last edited by Chad; 12-02-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Here is a picture of a classic USDJPY reversal candle (pin bar circled) that happens often after a relatively large move on the smaller Time Frame, nice reversal volume usually follows. These are great signals to trade. I missed this one though, But there will be more..this is also a 20 second chart. The only issue that comes up with this type of trade with Nadex is price moves so much that sometimes by the time the pin bar forms its past all of the available 3 pip strikes. So i get to sit and watch .lol

Attachment 6124
    Last edited by Chad; 12-02-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Hey Chad,

What kind of account settings do you use to make your 60 seconds/scalping trades?

As far as Nadex account settings preferrences I have: Flashes - turned off
    Default order type - Market order
    Default Contract size - low risk (1-2 contracts)
    Market Order Price Tolerance Preference - at 15 for binaries
    Multiple order Tickets - Allow

As soon as i enter a trade (they can be hard to get filled ) I pull the ticket up and get ready to exit manually or set a limit order $18-$20 up from where I had bought.
    Last edited by Chad; 12-14-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Im not exactly sure how to link an EA here, but I use the MT4i custom time generator. I use an offline chart on MT4 and put the settings at 20 second candles.
    Last edited by Chad; 12-14-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    As soon as i enter a trade (they can be hard to get filled ) I pull the ticket up and get ready to exit manually or set a limit order $18-$20 up from where I had bought.
    Remember, with Nadex, if you enter a higher price on a buy, it will fill it at the lowest possible price. That way you are not chasing price movements.
    Im not sure if you knew that or not. Just my lil bit of info for those that didnt know.

Oh yeah, and its the opposite on a sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Im not exactly sure how to link an EA here, but I use the MT4i custom time generator. I use an offline chart on MT4 and put the settings at 20 second candles.
    If it's just a link to a download or a page to a download you can add it here, or to the MT4 tools page, or the charting packages tool pages

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Chart-Patterns

Hey, are you still trading 60 seconds style?

Hi michael, I was more or less experimenting with the 60 second trade while waiting for other setups , and wanted to open a thread to see if others were also. To answer your question I dont really trade them often, they are pretty intense! And Honestly if Nadex offered Monthly expiries I would prefer that . Maybey some day. I like to explore all the options no pun intended that can be done with Nadex so i thought why not experiment with these 6o sec a little : )