Christmas Holiday Trading ? !!!

I was wondering if any of our leaders could advise us when to stop trading, and then
    when to start again after the Christmas period. I've just finished work for the year
    and was looking forward to getting some extra practice in.
    Is all of December a write off or are the first few weeks still ok as far as volume and volatility are concerned ?
    Is late January, or early February a better time to start up again ?

Thank You in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I was wondering if any of our leaders could advise us when to stop trading, and then
    when to start again after the Christmas period. I've just finished work for the year
    Is all of December a write off or are the first few weeks still ok as far as volume and volatility are concerned ?

Thank You in advance.
    Most market players and traders will usually have their year end holidays 1 week before Christmas and return latest by 5 jan ( 1 week after the new calendar year)

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    Most market players and traders will usually have their year end holidays 1 week before Christmas and return latest by 5 jan ( 1 week after the new calendar year)
    Very helpful advice.Thank You very much.

Yes I usually avoid trading the last couple of weeks in December and then I also
    wait one or two weeks in Jan before I start again. I want to see how the "new market" is like
    and how I must adapt/what I must change with my analysis.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

I have never been trading the following:
    The last decade in December 20
    The first decade in January 10

Thanks for the interesting topic! Why do you prefer not to trade during this exact time? What does usually happen on the market?

you don't have to quit trading if you don't want to, just understand that it is holiday trading times, volume is low and news may cause knee jerk reactions, short term trading is probably best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post

Thank You in advance.
    Can't advice you to stop because I will also be scalping during the holidays. Like Michael advised, short term trading is probably best especially during low volatility. If you are just practicing on demo and have the extra time to spare then it could be a good learning experience for you. If volatility really gets slow then why not play with M1. Last year I traded during the holidays using M5 and it really tested my patience. It was really like waiting for a fish to bite. Patience is really needed for trading because low volatility doesn't happen only on x-mas so I guess that you'll get some experience (or lots of it, lol) during the holidays. By the way, the secret of trade sniping is "patience"

Happy fishing
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Can't advice you to stop because I will also be scalping during the holidays. Like Michael advised, short term trading is probably best especially during low volatility. If you are just practicing on demo and have the extra time to spare then it could be a good learning experience for you. If volatility really gets slow then why not play with M1. Last year I traded during the holidays using M5 and it really tested my patience. It was really like waiting for a fish to bite. Patience is really needed for trading because low volatility doesn't happen only on x-mas so I guess that you'll get some experience (or lots of it, lol) during the holidays. By the way, the secret of trade sniping is "patience"

Happy fishing
    Many traders take a break off from trading after a year's of hard work and in most countries it's a big festival celebrated almost globally. It will be low volatility but market is still trading and will be moving.