Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex's diary

Alex's diary !!!

Hello! total newbie here, thought I would start a diary as much for myself as anything.

So basically, have only been using the Opteck demo account but that seems to have disappeared from their site after a makeover, atleast for now anyway. So I will start with yesterdays trades. Focusing on a single currency pair now (GBP/USD). Kept track of my trades by writing the price down when I would of executed the trade and writing the price down when it would of ended. I will update this as often as I can, and whenever I come across anything and everything to do at all with trading Forex from books to articles.

GBP/USD Call (15mins) OS-1.23791 CS-1.23901

GBP/USD Call (15mins) OS-1.23896 CS-1.23959

GBP/USD Put (30mins) OS-1.23959 CS-1.23879

Indicators used - Bollinger Bands - RSI (7) levels 30 & 70 - Stoch (6,3,3) 20 & 80

I think my last 'trade' was possibly more luck. I will call it luck for now, as I could see that it was due a reversal which is why I put it on a 30min expiry rather than 15mins.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Alex! It's great that you started your diary and you're off to a good start I see.

It would be great though if you can upload your charts in a picture and explain why you took a certain trade. That way you'll learn more yourself and also others can learn from your charts. Also people can comment on things you've possibly done wrong and correct you at that, which is also a great way to learn.

For examples of how to arrange those charts, like how to indicate where you've entered a trade and where it expired, just look in any other diary in the members war room.

Anyway, good thing you started your diary! I know I'm glad I did, cause every now and then I look back in my own diary and see what I did wrong in the past, which helps me everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Annovdbos View Post
    Hey Alex! It's great that you started your diary and you're off to a good start I see.

It would be great though if you can upload your charts in a picture and explain why you took a certain trade. That way you'll learn more yourself and also others can learn from your charts. Also people can comment on things you've possibly done wrong and correct you at that, which is also a great way to learn.

For examples of how to arrange those charts, like how to indicate where you've entered a trade and where it expired, just look in any other diary in the members war room.

Anyway, good thing you started your diary! I know I'm glad I did, cause every now and then I look back in my own diary and see what I did wrong in the past, which helps me everytime.

I will do! It would be cool for someone to take a look at my charts for me Today's trades below

GBP/USD (15mins) Put OP-1.24385 Cl-1.24399

GBP/JPY (10mins) Put Op-130.918 Cl-131.040

GBP/USD (15mins) Put OP-1.24278 Cl-1.24077

Not such a great day today, Unfortunately my first trade crashed below my opening strike and stayed down just a few seconds after it expired, such is the world! Would of worked in my favour had I been a little more patient and waited a little longer before placing my trade.

Hello Alex!

Its nice you share your trading diary. If you can post charts or trades to see it what kind of trader you're.

Happy trading!

Milos

Hey! Your diary will be of great help for you.
    Like Anno said already, you should upload charts here.
    You can use lightshot, take a printscreen that includes the timeframe, asset name, price bar and you can use
    arrows to show entry and expiry- Save as JPEG for best results. You can see examples of that in other diaries
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

I shall download LightShot! I am struggling to read my MT4 platform, as in my eyes are struggling to see it...Is Trading View a good alternative? I find it much easier to see my indicators and the charts themselves. I have played around with colours on MT4 but it doesn't make it much easier for me.

MT4 or Trading View is just the charting tool to help you, your private assistant. The one you find the easiest to see with your eyes and manage to use, then it's the best for you. Everyone is different

On the second thought, if you want to give MT4 another try, maybe you should post your MT4 screenshot/picture with comparison to your Trading View here so others could help with the tips to get that similar look, if possible. Good Luck and Welcome Alex
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content

Hi guys, didn't get a chance to download LightShot yesterday as I was super busy when I got home from work, I did however manage to load up a chart at work, and took a trade.

GBP/USD (1H) Call OS-1.23795 CS-1.24015

This trade coincided with the release of US unemployment claims, and the recent presidential election seems to have seen a massive up trend for this currency. Opening at 1.2551 and it continues to rise this morning (11.11.16). I used a 15m time frame to generate the signal for the 1H call trade.

I am away for the weekend now, so wont be doing anything today, unless i get a quiet patch at work. Have a good weekend everyone! A chance to take stock of the weeks results, analyse and educate!

I will be going through this site over the weekend - http://www.financialtradingschool.com/ - Looks to have plenty of information on it, lesson plans and the like. Be interested to see if any other members have experience with this site
    Last edited by Alex16v; 11-11-2016 at 07:50 AM.

We have already a great and free binary options school here:

http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com/school/

You can also learn from other trading diaries, our YouTube channels and webinars too.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Alex16v View Post
    I shall download LightShot! I am struggling to read my MT4 platform, as in my eyes are struggling to see it...Is Trading View a good alternative? I find it much easier to see my indicators and the charts themselves. I have played around with colours on MT4 but it doesn't make it much easier for me.
    LightShot is good solution to take a screen shot.