Setting up my indicators !!!

Hi everyone, after downloading my MT4 I have started learning to read the indicators through some very good guides on here, but I am struggling with a certain aspect. What my inputs should be set at. Currently, I have them set up as below.

RSI - (14) 30/70
    Stochastic - (5,3,3)

Is that where they need to be? I use the M15, M30 and H1 charts the most. Also, some advice on what the 'MACD' inputs should be would be greatly appreciated. Are these a good combo to use to start off with, I know this must be trivial stuff to some of the pros by now!

Alex

poe
    Use indicators u really understand, otherwise ill find yourself on a dead alley with fake signals everywhere! Learn from price action videos made by Okane and learn first about price, SR line, drawing trend lines and following the trend! Most basic thing first, check the youtube channel is full of these tutorials..

gl & ht
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Use indicators u really understand, otherwise ill find yourself on a dead alley with fake signals everywhere! Learn from price action videos made by Okane and learn first about price, SR line, drawing trend lines and following the trend! Most basic thing first, check the youtube channel is full of these tutorials..

gl & ht
    Ok, thank you! I am starting to understand over brought and over sold with my RSI and using STOCH and Bollinger bands to confirm this. Have been writing down every trade I have made on my demo account in a book so I can keep track of myslef.

poe
    Thats really good ! u can go to the war room and post all your trades there ! Pros always give their insight and thats the fastest way to learn... So every mistake we make, we try to avoid in the following trade! Go and start your Diary u won't regret

gl & ht
    "He who makes a BEAST of himself, gets rid the pain of being a MAN" S.J

Quote Originally Posted by Alex16v View Post
    Ok, thank you! I am starting to understand over brought and over sold with my RSI and using STOCH and Bollinger bands to confirm this. Have been writing down every trade I have made on my demo account in a book so I can keep track of myslef.
    Hey, why a book when you can have a trading diary here like everyone else! It's easier, you can upload pictures and less writing is needed thanks to the
    pictures.

Here is why and how to do it - article and video

Diaries should be kept here in the members war room and we also announce a monthly winner!
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

You can create a thread here and post your book here.

Hi everyone, after downloading my MT4 I have started learning to read the indicators through some very good guides on here, but I am struggling with a certain aspect. What my inputs should be set at. Currently, I have them set up as below.

RSI - (14) 30/70
    Stochastic - (5,3,3)

Is that where they need to be? I use the M15, M30 and H1 charts the most. Also, some advice on what the 'MACD' inputs should be would be greatly appreciated. Are these a good combo to use to start off with, I know this must be trivial stuff to some of the pros by now!

Alex

I use MACD (12,26.9)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macd.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	5953