Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Introducing myself. !!!

Hello, my name is Ruth. I am new to Binary Options. First heard about it in September.... actually 12th Sept... even made a note in my diary. ALMOST fell prey to unscrupulous brokers who phoned me constantly... then did a lot of research and came across this site just today. Have bought couple of books on candlesticks, and tips for trading. Have opened a demo account on IQ Option.... but not sure of their quality yet, as i have heard there is a countdown to the start of a trade which is not good in shorter trades. I am working on indicators at the moment... which ones work best, and very interested in the posts and info from Okane etc
    I like the idea of learning as you go by keeping a diary, but my aim currently is to learn all I can, practice on demos and then using a money management plan, build my trades gradually.

I have a question for anyone who is more experienced. Is it essential to have more than one on-line screen... in order to trade succesfully.. one for the broker and maybe two others for live charts?? What set up do others use?
    Thank you in advance for any advice anyone is happy to give.
    Ruth

Welcome to CommuniTraders Ruth! It is great you found our community just in the beginning of your trading journey!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

3. Thanks ernie thanked this post
    It is best to learn step by step without trying to move too fast. Candlesticks and price action is great start! To answer your question, if you are passionate about trading multi screen trading setup is great. If you are just starting or even if you are experienced trader but don't want to use too much space for your trading station two screen system is best! I am using two monitors for many years, and they work almost perfect for me. I use one screen for charts and the second one for the real trading broker terminal and for checking news and articles.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Welcome to Communitraders!

You should use 2 monitors, it's much better. and welcome aboard!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hey welcome!
    Thanks for the interest! Have you also seen our YouTube channel?

I have created a playlist on price action (which is how I trade basically).

CommuniTraders Live YouTube channel

And yes, the diaries are a great source for learning.
    I use two monitors. I think for most people two monitors is enough. In my case I am most probably getting a third one.
    However, I suggest you let that be a bridge you cross once you have learned how to trade and once you are starting to get money out.
    So don't throw 500$ on a monitor yet
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hi, welcome to BOTS! Nice to have you here! Personally, I prefer to have at least two monitors - one with MT4 charts and one for actual trading. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome Ruth to BOTS. Yes it good to have 2 monitors. I do uses 2 monitors

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my post. I am in the very fortunate position of having a husband who was 'in' to computers.... building them... when there was money in it. I had a spare monitor kicking about, and have also pressed into service an unused laptop. So I have my extra screens.... no outlay!! There are three brokers that i can see who have low deposits start up. Can anyone with a spare minute rate them in order... IQ Option, Binary.com and Ayrex. What are their specific good/bad points? Thanks.

Please may i ask a basic question. Using a demo trading account with a broker..... as i watch the charts move on MT4 or TradingView on another monitor, my demo screen, particularly Ayrex, or Binary,com are very different... with IQ Option they even have a countdown, or pause before taking the trade, so everything is out of sync. Is there a demo account with a broker who has more sophisticated charts, with indicators?? For practising what do other people do? Thanks for any advice. Ruth