Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    poe
    poe is offline
    Senior Member poe's Avatar

    PoE does not know what he's doing.. Trading Diary !!!

    Hi all…. #idontknowwhati’mdoing

    this is my introduction for some of u who does not know me... here <----

    Been trying to start my diary for a while but i thought that i can wait till i went live and yesterday i did on AYREX…

    So now i can start talking about my strategies, approach & rules …

    First of all i wanted to do this like a kind of challenge, no shame here, i will start from the bottom and a complete NEWBIE that just finish the College on BOTS… So i really hope u all ( Pro traders but also newbies can give me a hand ) can comment, criticise and help me build my way up in this world.

    Rules- regarding Bank roll management - 1rst Month:
    [ ] Trades per day : from 5 - 7 Max
    [ ] Stop after 3 looses in a row
    [ ] Risk management: 1.5% on every trade

    ^^ this are gonna be my rules for BRM, i didnt want to put myself so many rules cuz its always complicated to follow them all…

    Strategies and Indies:
    - I got pretty amazed with the Multi Time Frame Strategy, i will analyze my graphs daily and hourly and ill try to identify some S/R lines + TREND ( never bet against the trend ) … For this i will be using the Indie RSI to identify the strength of the trend on high time frames.
    - I will take trades then on shorter time frame ( 5M, 15M ) and i will be analysing my graphs with Stochastic ( 5,3,3 ) + Bollinger Bands
    - I also incorporated 2 EMAs (99, 200) but to be honest im not sure how to use them…. If anyone can link something so i can go deeper on them, that d be much appreciated

    I want to keep my xMT4 as clean as possible and eventually get better in price action trading…


    What will i trade:
    - Forex Pairs ( mainly the primaries ) eurusd, gbpusd, usdcad, usdchf, usdjpy —> since more pple trading them = to more volume = more liquidity = smooth trading = more pple following the trend .

    I will track every single trade and at the end of everyday i will compute my win rate, considering that my break even ratio must be around 55% at the end of the month i will realise if im in profit or not !


    So i guess this is all… Ill end up putting my goals for the first month and my br … FOR THE MOMENT IM ONLY INTERESTED IN LEARN THE MOST I CAN AND EVENTUALLY MAKE SOME SIDE INCOME MONTHLY…. IM A COMPLETELY NEWBIE AND I DID VERY FEW DEMO TRADING… SO I REALLY HOPE U CAN ALL HELP ME DURING THIS LONG AND TOUGH JOURNEY IM ABOUT TO TAKE….

    Goals :
    [ ] End the month breakevenish or in profit if possible (short)
    [ ] Stick to my rules and build a strong mindset. (short)
    [ ] Study and read books every day so i can learn more and more (short and long) -theoretical part-
    [ ] Dedicate at least 1H a day to analyze and study graphs so i can take the right entrances (short & long) -practical part-
    [ ] Make some profit in the future (long)
    [ ] Reach a high win ratio (long)


    Ok so the real thing …

    Starting Bankroll : 358€
    Risk management: 1.5% = 5€ (and i will stick to it for a while even if i profit)
    Trades taken today: -
    Winners: -
    Loost: -
    Balance daily: -
    [B]Win rate[B]: -

    Thank u all for reading and support ….

  2. #2
    Master Member SeasaltMcFish's Avatar
    Challenges.... I Like!!!!!

    Good luck and keep us informed. I had to quit my challenge for personal reasons, but to quote a great philosopher ... Ail bee back!!!

  3. #3
    poe
    poe is offline
    Senior Member poe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Challenges.... I Like!!!!!

    Good luck and keep us informed. I had to quit my challenge for personal reasons, but to quote a great philosopher ... Ail bee back!!!
    ha! thanks for the support SSMfish ! i knew ud like this... Tomorrow ill post how i did the first 3 days + my experience with Ayrex !

  4. #4
    Active Member StumbleTraderDB's Avatar
    Welcome, enne! Looks like you've got a good plan! Wish I'd started out like that. You are going to be doing demo trading until you have made more than you lost for a good while before going live, right? Well, even if not, with 358 Euros and sticking to your money management, if things keep going badly you still shouldn't lose too much before you realize you need to go back to practicing on the demo. The thing with the MA is that if they spread out (with the center line of your BB as a short-team MA) it's a sign you might be going into a steady rise or fall, and when they bunch up look out for a breakout -- the direction usually goes by which direction the angle formed by the high point line and low point line form -- the horizontal line represents resistance that the market is trying to break. Watch if the Stochastic also flattens or the market keeps pressing the line even when the stochastic reverses. The candles will get smaller before the breakout, too. At least, those are the signs I've been told to look for.

  5. #5
    Rookie Member me_jiban's Avatar
    Wish you all the very best.

  6. #6
    Legendry Member milos's Avatar
    Good luck and happy trading.

  7. #7
    Legendry Member Okane's Avatar
    Hey good to see your diary here!

    About moving averages. Yes you should watch the following videos:

    Watch them in this order:

    Moving averages - how to use them in general


    And in this video I explain the benefits of relying more on the price action rather
    than the EMA but first I explain how you can use EMA's like S/R lines so watch the entire video

    There are a few articles too, you can look in the video descriptions for more info/links but here is a major article on MA's:
    Moving Averages
    Last edited by Okane; 10-27-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

  8. #8
    poe
    poe is offline
    Senior Member poe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StumbleTraderDB View Post
    Welcome, enne! Looks like you've got a good plan! Wish I'd started out like that. You are going to be doing demo trading until you have made more than you lost for a good while before going live, right? Well, even if not, with 358 Euros and sticking to your money management, if things keep going badly you still shouldn't lose too much before you realize you need to go back to practicing on the demo.
    thanks for the support stumble trader, tbh i have been trading live for a while (4 days exactly) this diary i had it prepare it now for a week but didnt post it due to the malfunctioning of the forum lately... I have been doing fairly good with live ( not perfectly ofc since im still learning ) im in profit atm with a 58% win rate after 20 trades or so... i will update the thread today with the data i kept of the last period... If i can keep this step i can easily breakeven this month or slightly end up in profit and at the same time feel the rush of the live trading + learn tons. Creating this dairy was one of my main goals that way i could be posting trades daily so experienced traders and newbies like me can criticise and comment, thats gonna be a bump for my learning process as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by StumbleTraderDB View Post
    The thing with the MA is that if they spread out (with the center line of your BB as a short-team MA) it's a sign you might be going into a steady rise or fall, and when they bunch up look out for a breakout -- the direction usually goes by which direction the angle formed by the high point line and low point line form -- the horizontal line represents resistance that the market is trying to break. Watch if the Stochastic also flattens or the market keeps pressing the line even when the stochastic reverses. The candles will get smaller before the breakout, too. At least, those are the signs I've been told to look for.
    ˆˆReally appreciate this, its always good to have some help !

    Quote Originally Posted by me_jiban View Post
    Wish you all the very best.
    thanks a lot jiban

    Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Good luck and happy trading.
    yo milos ! thanks a lot !

    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Hey good to see your diary here!

    About moving averages. Yes you should watch the following videos:

    Watch them in this order:

    Moving averages - how to use them in general


    And in this video I explain the benefits of relying more on the price action rather
    than the EMA but first I explain how you can use EMA's like S/R lines so watch the entire video

    There are a few articles too, you can look in the video descriptions for more info/links but here is a major article on MA's:
    Moving Averages
    homework for the day ! thanks okane !

  9. #9
    poe
    poe is offline
    Senior Member poe's Avatar
    Friday 21rst October.

    Starting BR (month) : 354.13
    trades taken: ( 7 ) Today ( 7 ) Total
    winners: ( 3 ) Today ( 3 ) Total
    lost: ( 4 ) Today ( 4 ) Total
    win rate: ( 42.86% ) Today ( 42.86% ) Total


    Monday 24th October

    Starting BR: 346.88
    trades taken: ( 6 ) Today ( 13 ) Total
    winners: ( 4 ) Today ( 7 ) Total
    lost: ( 2 ) Today ( 6 ) Total
    win rate: ( 66.67% ) Today ( 53.85% ) Total
    balance: ( + 6.45 ) Today ( 353.33 ) total

    Tuesday 25th October

    Starting BR: 346.88
    trades taken: ( 4 ) Today ( 17 ) Total
    winners: ( 2 ) Today ( 9 ) Total
    lost: ( 2 ) Today ( 8 ) Total
    win rate: ( 50% ) Today ( 52.9% ) Total
    balance: ( -7.00 ) Today ( 346.33 ) total

    Wednesday 26th

    Starting BR: 346.88
    trades taken: ( 2 ) Today ( 19 ) Total
    winners: ( 2 ) Today ( 11 ) Total
    lost: ( 0 ) Today ( 8 ) Total
    win rate: ( 100% ) Today ( 57.89% ) Total
    balance: ( +8.00 ) Today ( 354.33 ) total

    Thursday 27th

    Starting BR: 346.88
    trades taken: ( 7 ) Today ( 25 ) Total
    winners: ( 4 ) Today ( 15 ) Total
    lost: ( 3 ) Today ( 10 ) Total
    win rate: ( 57% ) Today ( 60% ) Total
    balance: ( +1.15 ) Today ( 355.48 ) total

    4 days of live trading... slightly in profit... it would be more if would have not taken wrong trades of 10$ in that rush of capturing the right entry point... tho till the moment im happy... ill update it and post some of my daily trades very soon
    Last edited by poe; 10-28-2016 at 09:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Legendry Member milos's Avatar
    Hello Poe!

    Can you post screen shots and trades here.

    Thanks!

    Milos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3