poe

PIPS difference between broker and tracker software. !!!

Hi all,

Recently I installed XMT4 ( a version of meta trader for macOS ) so i was exploring and testing the new softwares which i gotta say its pretty smooth and works perfectly on mac + all indicators and functions of MT4 are also perfectly working on XMT4.

Then i started comparing the pips to the ones my broker (24O in this case) was giving me, and the difference is more or less 10 pips.... considering that 0.0001 = 1pip .. In Okanes video reviewing MT4 he actually says that 1,2 or 3 pips are ok ! but what about 10 ?

If anyone give me some thoughts here id be pleased !

Well to put it short, same answer as in the video

As mentioned there: If the price is way off - connect to another quote provider.
    It doesn't matter what you installed, whta matters is which Forex broker (quote provider) you connected too.
    In the video I mention Oanda and that my price differs 1-2 pips but that if your price differs too much depending
    on your broker, you need to change quote feeds.
    So try that. So, did you really watch the entire video
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Are your talking about pips or pipettes?

Many traders make that mistake. A pipette is 1/10 of a pip (5th digit).

I don't have that big a difference on 24Option, but I do found out, there's a difference when opening a trade. Most of the time, they seem to 'add' about 2-5 pipettes to the negative side of my trade. It makes trading short term trading nearly impossible to beat, so I would only trade long term there.

poe
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Well to put it short, same answer as in the video

As mentioned there: If the price is way off - connect to another quote provider.
    It doesn't matter what you installed, whta matters is which Forex broker (quote provider) you connected too.
    In the video I mention Oanda and that my price differs 1-2 pips but that if your price differs too much depending
    on your broker, you need to change quote feeds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.17.35.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	5708

ˆˆLook Okane, this screenshot was takin from your video ... and the pips differs a lot. broker 1.10627 , MT4 1.10612 ... that gap is even bigger than mine .... And yes i saw the video! this is the 4th time believe me

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Are your talking about pips or pipettes?

Many traders make that mistake. A pipette is 1/10 of a pip (5th digit).

I don't have that big a difference on 24Option, but I do found out, there's a difference when opening a trade. Most of the time, they seem to 'add' about 2-5 pipettes to the negative side of my trade. It makes trading short term trading nearly impossible to beat, so I would only trade long term there.
    yeh, SSMf the problem might be in my understanding of that, considering that im still learning i searched on google for the concept: A pip is a number value. In the Forex market, the value of currency is given in pips. One pip equals 0.0001, two pips equals 0.0002, three pips equals 0.0003 and so on. One pip is the smallest price change that an exchange rate can make. Most currencies are priced to four numbers after the point. so the difference in mine is 0.0010 pips ! Still dont understand if its good or not regarding okanes's video !

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post

... and the pips differs a lot. broker 1.10627 , MT4 1.10612 ... that gap is even bigger than mine ....
    I believe it's 15 pipettes, or 1.5 pips. Just reduced those 2 prices, then you got 15 pipettes, it's 5 decimal price, or 1.5 pips if you converted it into pips, to 4 decimal price.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content

poe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelyz9 View Post
    I believe it's 15 pipettes, or 1.5 pips. Just reduced those 2 prices, then you got 15 pipettes, it's 5 decimal price, or 1.5 pips if you converted it into pips, to 4 decimal price.
    This is very true... as i said it was prolly myself misunderstanding the situation !

This is very true... as i said it was prolly myself misunderstanding the situation !
    Look...
    You said yourself ". considering that 0.0001 = 1pip" How many decimals you got there? 4 right?

Then you said:
    1.10627 , MT4 1.10612

How many you got here? 5 decimals
    So the difference is 27-12= 15 which means the 1 is the pip and the 5 is the pipette as you said yourself...

So the difference is just 1.5 pips like I said in the video.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

I compare my stockpair and mt4 charts.EUR/USD 12 points different between my broker and mt4. EUR/USD 1.10300 mt4 it is 1.10312 by stockpair.

peo, to make things easier, 10 points = 1 pip.

Almost all brokers offering MT4 platform uses 5 decimal quotes so the price difference is in pipettes and those with 4 decimal quotes will be in pips.
    For quotes in pipettes, major currency pair will have 5 deciaml quotes, JPY pairs and metals, gold, silver, etc will have 3 decimal quotes.
    For quotes in pips, major currency pair will have 4 deciaml quotes, JPY pairs and metals, gold, silver, etc will have 2 decimal quotes.

In my humble opinion 1/10 of a pip will be well enough..