Rookie Member

new trader from New Zealand !!!

Hi there, Heylin here. Been trading IQ Option in practice for 3 months now, averaged $500-600US per day over last 6 days with no account reset, and at one stage grew my $1000 practice to $80,000 in 6 weeks.

I've been using a number of techniques based around lines of resistance while watching out for macro and micro trends mid chart, plus anomalies (spikes). Seems to be working well for me so went in for real today $500US starting.

Down $50US today , crap trading patterns today for my style obviously.

Keen to learn more techniques and know how to make money on days like this.
    Last edited by heylinb4nz; 06-20-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Welcome to Communitraders!

Welcome aboard and let us know how we can help. My first suggestion is to go the main binaryoptionsthatsuck.com website and look at the list of indicators and tools and strategies, its a good list to help you find what you are looking for. Also, maybe more useful, is similar lists here in the forum you can find in the Tools room and the Strategies room.

Kia ora fellow Kiwi. I'm from Wellington but parked up in Brisbane. Good luck on the journey.
    Amazing mentors here.

Quote Originally Posted by heylinb4nz View Post
    Hi there, Shane here. Been trading IQ Option in practice for 3 months now, averaged $500-600US per day over last 6 days with no account reset, and at one stage grew my $1000 practice to $80,000 in 6 weeks.

I've been using a number of techniques based around lines of resistance while watching out for macro and micro trends mid chart, plus anomalies (spikes). Seems to be working well for me so went in for real today $500US starting.

Down $50US today , crap trading patterns today for my style obviously.

Keen to learn more techniques and know how to make money on days like this.
    Hi Shane, go to our school section to learn and try on demo to test out strategies before going live

Hi Shane and welcome to CommuniTraders!

You will find support here. Keep in mind trading in the real world is different than trading practice account.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi Shane and welcome to CommuniTraders!

You will find support here. Keep in mind trading in the real world is different than trading practice account.
    So I have found About $400NZ down in 3 days of trading

I suspect that being real money I am not taking the same approach \ strategy in practice that has been working for me consistently.

Case in point I started another practice today (after withdrawing what money I had left from my real account so as not tempted to trade with real $$), and sure enough made $2600US in under 1 hour (on 2-5 min turbo options). I seem to be able to do this (or at least $600-800USD a day) 80-90% of the time I start a fresh account.

These are the same trades I would \ should be taking with real $$ but for some reason am not.

Not sure what is going on.

Perhaps getting cold feet and psychologically doing something different.

Quote Originally Posted by heylinb4nz View Post
    So I have found About $400NZ down in 3 days of trading

I suspect that being real money I am not taking the same approach \ strategy in practice that has been working for me consistently.

Case in point I started another practice today (after withdrawing what money I had left from my real account so as not tempted to trade with real $$), and sure enough made $2600US in under 1 hour (on 2-5 min turbo options). I seem to be able to do this (or at least $600-800USD a day) 80-90% of the time I start a fresh account.

These are the same trades I would \ should be taking with real $$ but for some reason am not.

Not sure what is going on.

Perhaps getting cold feet and psychologically doing something different.

It's better to do demo trading until you are very confident then go live