News and Trading !!!

On Wednesday, Sept 21 at approximately 0600 GMT, CADJPY started a 9 hour down trend. I am EDT (GMT-4) so I was not involved in this trade. I trade 30 minute expires and the chart for CADJPY had 17 out of 19 candles RED (30 minute candles). Was there news or some event that caused such an extended downward spiral of this asset?
    Last edited by Grndcomm; 09-23-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grndcomm View Post
    On Wednesday, Sept 21 at approximately 0600 GMT, CADJPY started a 9 hour down trend. I am EDT (GMT-4) so I was not involved in this trade. I trade 30 minute expires and the chart for CADJPY had 17 out of 19 candles RED (30 minute candles). Was there news or some event that caused such an extended downward spiral of this asset?
    Yeah look at the Daily charts, a major strong support got broken, hence the drop:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cadpy1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	5528
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Grndcomm View Post
    It was FOMC statement and Federal Fund Rate. You can see image below 2pm by EST as well as 6pm by GMT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fomc.jpg  

Thanks, Milos. A question however as I see the news you showed. Both have USD beside them and the asset that was effected was CADJPY. I over looked that news as I didn't know it would have an effect on CADJPY. Is there a place here on CT that has updates on news for the day? Looking ahead to Monday, Sept 26 calendar I see many news events but not sure how and which markets they will have an effect on. Appreciate your input