Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

My First Nomination For Trader Of The Month! !!!

It always amazes me how things we start here in the forum can take on a life of their own. When we started the TOM I had a vision in my head of what that would look like in practice, and so far that vision has been more or less accurate. I was surprised we got a two time winner so fast, not because there were a lack of nominations but because the trade-post was just that good. Now I've run across another post that I think is just that good, and is also one that fits "outside the box" in terms of my original vision of the TOM.

This example is where a trader made a great post in another traders diary. The thread in which the trade is posted belongs to Aussie Mick. Aussie Mick is a relatively new member of the community but a candidate for TOM in his own right. His trades are sharp, is analysis is good and his posts informative. One of his trades turned out to be a loss and wouldn't you know it, one of our own members and a TOM awardee, took the time to go over that trade, analyze the chart at the time of the trade and make a great post about the set-up and outcome of said trade. Now, I know that this is technically outside the format of what we've said a TOM should look like; it's not a "live" or active trade set-up. However, it is a great post, educational and an asset to the community so I had to point it out. And now, without further ado, what could be our second two-time TOM winner, a trader we all know and love... Annovdbos

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ll=1#post76037

And I'll back up that nomination with a nice post that Anno made in his own diary....

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....6042#post76042

Thank you very much Michael! It's good for both Mick and me. Mick learns something from it and I do as well as I analyze his trade. On top of that, I also find it interesting to do and to see why that trade didn't work out. Anyway, thanks for the nomination! But April still has a long way to go, so who knows what the other great traders will come up with in the next few weeks!
    "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire!" - Queens of the stone Age

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    It always amazes me how things we start here in the forum can take on a life of their own. When we started the TOM I had a vision in my head of what that would look like in practice, and so far that vision has been more or less accurate. I was surprised we got a two time winner so fast, not because there were a lack of nominations but because the trade-post was just that good. Now I've run across another post that I think is just that good, and is also one that fits "outside the box" in terms of my original vision of the TOM.

This example is where a trader made a great post in another traders diary. The thread in which the trade is posted belongs to Aussie Mick. Aussie Mick is a relatively new member of the community but a candidate for TOM in his own right. His trades are sharp, is analysis is good and his posts informative. One of his trades turned out to be a loss and wouldn't you know it, one of our own members and a TOM awardee, took the time to go over that trade, analyze the chart at the time of the trade and make a great post about the set-up and outcome of said trade. Now, I know that this is technically outside the format of what we've said a TOM should look like; it's not a "live" or active trade set-up. However, it is a great post, educational and an asset to the community so I had to point it out. And now, without further ado, what could be our second two-time TOM winner, a trader we all know and love... Annovdbos

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ll=1#post76037
    Thankyou for those nice comments Michael but Anno deserves all the praise here and I second you on that nomination.
    Can I also mention another member that has helped me with his input which is a country neighbour who is a kiwi!! Mike M!

Lets get some nominations here folks! even if you're nominating yourself its OK, every trade could be a winner but only the best will be Trader of the Month!

Only one week left to post your nominations for trader of the month! you better do it, if you don't you can't win!

I'd like to nominate Ingmar. He just opened his diary in the beginning of April and is already producing and posting lots of trades. Also those trades are all well presented and he seems to be pulling off something only a few traders can do and that is short expiry trades. He seems to understand price action already very well and knows how to trade properly. Only for all those reasons I think he deserves a TOM award.

But if I have to pick a particular trade, I'd choose this one: http://prnt.sc/f09jrw, it's from this post in his diary: http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ll=1#post76426.

I like how he explains how Okane gave the signal in the skype group, but he didn't just jump in because he was told to take a trade. He first looked at his own analysis and based his own trade on that and not only on the signal. Not following a signal blindly is very good, because I think it's very important to know what you do, by that I mean you should always know WHY you take a trade. Therefore I like this trade very much and is it my nomination.
    "You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire!" - Queens of the stone Age

9. Thanks Michael Hodges thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annovdbos View Post
    I'd like to nominate Ingmar. He just opened his diary in the beginning of April and is already producing and posting lots of trades. Also those trades are all well presented and he seems to be pulling off something only a few traders can do and that is short expiry trades. He seems to understand price action already very well and knows how to trade properly. Only for all those reasons I think he deserves a TOM award.

But if I have to pick a particular trade, I'd choose this one: http://prnt.sc/f09jrw, it's from this post in his diary: http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ll=1#post76426.

I like how he explains how Okane gave the signal in the skype group, but he didn't just jump in because he was told to take a trade. He first looked at his own analysis and based his own trade on that and not only on the signal. Not following a signal blindly is very good, because I think it's very important to know what you do, by that I mean you should always know WHY you take a trade. Therefore I like this trade very much and is it my nomination.
    Hey Anno. I'd like to second that nomination for Ingmar. He's been absolutely flying and I'm learning a great deal form our friend.
    I'm very nervy when it comes to short term expires but Ingmar is certainly doing well with them. This trade in particular displayed some
    impressive charting skills. Good ounce off a support with a good targets and bang on with the expiry.

11. Thanks Michael Hodges thanked this post
    wow gents, you give me too much credit. Thanks, i feel honoured!