Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

New Contest!! Win Prizes!! TRADE OF THE MONTH!!! !!!

Hello everyone!

We've got a new idea inspired by all the great trades being posted in the War Room and would like to get some feedback from the community. We like to call it the Trade Of The Month.

The Trade of the Month will highlight some of the best trades (trade post/diary post) each month and the very best trade will be awarded the prize... respect! On top of that the monthly winner will get a shiny new badge for their profile. Anyone who is chosen 3 times for TOM status will eligible for further prizes yet to be determined.

This is how we want to do it. After much deliberation we've decided it will be best to create a sub-forum of the Members War Room called Trade Of The Month. In that sub-forum we'll create a new thread for each month. All traders will then be able to post ONE (1) trade per month for consideration. At the end of the month the thread will be closed and the moderators/pros will go back and chose the trade they like the best.

This is what we will be looking for;

Actual live trades, or trades made on the Communitraders Demo platform, no virtual trades or trade ideas please.

Screen shots, at least a few. Screen shots should show the charts that led to the trade decision, and then another chart showing how the trade ended up. Also, shots of trading account/trading history or order confirmations including shots of Communitraders if applicable. Charts should be detailed, use your screen capture technology or other to draw arrows, lines, circles and to annotate what you did, why you did what you did and from what level you did it. Be sure to clearly mark entry candles and expiry candles.

Commentary. It doesn't have to be a book but we will need to see some commentary explaining the charts, the set up, why/what you did, trading rules, expiry and outcome. Trades do not neccesarily have to be a winner if they show a GREAT educational opportunity for other traders.

The best trades will have clear entries, use sound technical trading principles and be supported by good analysis.

This link goes to Boss B's diary, a good example of trading posts that could be considered for Trade Of The Month...

Please, let us know what you think and how we might be able to make this idea even better!

Thank you,

MH

UPDATE! New BADGES!

Blue TOM - 3 Times a Winner!
    Purple TOM - 10 Times a Winner!

Goodluck all, trade well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOM-green.png   TOM-blue.png   TOM-purple.png  
    Last edited by Okane; 09-11-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    "Great Googely Moogely" ... Frank Zappa

This sounds fun!
    Yes Boss B is doing well. Personally I like the diaries that are well-organized
    like his with good pictures and explanations and I tend to get more involved in such diaries
    to give feedback (as seen in his diary). If we understand more, we can help more!

Hopefully, this contest will improve they way everyone shares charts and how they keep a diary .
    Looking forward!
    OptionHeimer: I am become debt, destroyer of accounts!

Anybody have any interest in this? Or should we just look through the diaries for what we think are the best trades posts each month?

This is a great idea! Fully in with you on it I think we should encurage traders to present their trades eligible for Trade of The Month in the appropriate sub room. It will be easier for us to check and decide which one is the best. We may include in the selection some trades from the diaries, but we can not guarantee we will go through all of them at the end of the month. That's why it will be better if everybody select their best trading ideas and present on the competition room! Can't wait to see the first winner!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Surely somebody out there is interested in this? Come on, I know it's a little bit of work to make screen shots and then post your trade but really, this is for prizes, and fame! We could just dig through the journals each month and pick them ourselves but like Kolyo said, we surely can't see all the trades made each month so we will miss good ones.

Whatever, either your in or your not... I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Anybody have any interest in this? Or should we just look through the diaries for what we think are the best trades posts each month?
    that could be a better idea.
    OptionHeimer: I am become debt, destroyer of accounts!

Excellent thread. I'd like it. Will have to think something one month expiry but its 20 September. Lets say will try to choose assets 1 October and use end of a month time frame expiry.

Solid Member
    Count me in, it will be handy to have a central point to look at different trades to pick up tips and ideas. I have put a trade in my diary today, so happy to start it of with that trade?

This is like the best idea ever! Love the idea. Will help we newbies particularly to learn from each other's trades. Good thinking Micheal. Fully in!!

I'm in too! I personally want to look at as much trades others make as possible, but I don't always have the time to go through all the diaries (I do see many charts and trades in the skype group though). But if everyone'll post what they think is their best trade of the month, it will be easier to look at (good) trades other people make and learn from that.

Besides that, it also sounds fun!