Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Again a winning call trade with 30 minute expiry just now on the USD/CAD.

Although the candle I entered on was going down at first, I was confident the price would go up, because all the indicators seemed like it. The Stochastich was oversold and the RSI was also almost oversold. Also the price was way above both EMA's. But most importantly, the S/R line was accurate and functioned as support in this case. Also the second blue trendline had been broken and now functioned as a target, as well as the other S/R line. The new (white) trendline confirmed the trend was still going up.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	In the money trade graph 4 15m.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	5388

Next to these confirmations, I also saw a news article on investing.com saying the USD/CAD was rising during the European session. I figured this was enough confirmation to take the trade.

Made another trade yesterday on EUR/USD. This time it was a losing trade.

I took a put option on the yellow arrow and it ended on the yellow cross. I should've taken a put option on the blue arrow, than it would have been a winning trade.

Name:	Out of the money trade 1 15m graph.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	5392

I took the trade at the yellow arrow, because the price hit the resistance line at 1.11853. Also the stochastic and the RSI were overbought, so I thought the price would go down at the S/R line. But it broke out and it reached for the (resisting) trendline.

Now leaves me the question: How could I have prevented this? In other words: How could I have seen/predicted the S/R line was going to be broken?

I think you can already remove the RSI.
    And in a couple of weeks we will proceed with removing one of the MA's too .
    OptionHeimer: I am become debt, destroyer of accounts!

Hey I am a bit confused about your arrows.

When you take a PUT option, please put an arrow that is pointing DOWN ABOVE the candlestick you entered.
    And other way around for a CALL.

For example:

Name:	160822USDJPYPutcharts.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	5393

Now if you unlike me don't enter at the touch of your lines, then you can simply write which price you entered on or just
    post the picture with entry price too:

Name:	160822USDJPYPut.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	5394

So to your question then:
    How to know that it could possibly break?
    Well, here is why your diary is great, go back a page and look at my answer there again, carefully.
    Remember the part on divergence of candlesticks suddenly making higher lows?
    OptionHeimer: I am become debt, destroyer of accounts!

I'm sorry if it's confusing, still learning how to do everything.. I'll try to make the graphs more clear in the future.

Ah yes, now I see what you mean by the divergence. I also see now that it's pretty stupid to take a put option in an upgoing trend.. :P

I'll remove the RSI now and we'll see how it goes from there.
    Last edited by Annovdbos; 08-30-2016 at 08:53 PM.

A winning trade on the NZD/USD today.

The yellow line is a S/R line based on previous supports and resistances on that line on the 15m, 30m, hourly and 4H time frimes. The price touched that line and it also touched the blue supporting trendline. Another confirmation was the stochastic which was oversold. I also had a target, the white trendline, which has been reached.

Name:	In the money trade graph 5 15m.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	5398

Again, enough confirmation to make the trade and it turned out to be the first winning trade without RSI.

A losing trade on EUR/USD.

I took a put option on 1.11512 with 30 minute expiry:

Name:	Out of the money trade 2 15m IQop.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	5411

I saw the downtrend was diverging with higher lows. But the white trendline was still a resisting line, because there was a lower high resisting from that line. I figured the next lower high would also resist from that line, which it did. I immediatly took a put option after that candle resisted from the white trendline and the green S/R line. Another confirmation was again the stochastic which was overbought.

Name:	Out of the money trade 2 15m graph.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	5412

Now, I was doubting between a 15m or 30m expiry with this trade, because of the yellow S/R line, which was very close to the green one. I chose for a 30m expiry, which was wrong.. I should have chosen for a 15m expiry instead, then it whould have been in the money.. Is that the only thing I did wrong with this trade? Or should I have done something else different?

By this image EUR/USD I think it could be bearish trend. So it can be used put option.

Winning trade on USD/CAD.

Took a put option on USD/CAD with 15 min expiry. As soon as the bearish candle stopped and the new bullish candle began I took the trade. The bearish candle had touched the white trendline and ended on the green S/R line. Also the stochastic was slightly overbought. I took a 15m expiry, but a 30m expiry would've worked as well.

Name:	In the money trade graph 6 15m.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	5416
    Last edited by Annovdbos; 09-01-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    By this image EUR/USD I think it could be bearish trend. So it can be used put option.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean you could take a put option in this bearish trend?
    Last edited by Annovdbos; 09-02-2016 at 10:42 AM.