Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Anno's trading diary !!!

Hi and welcome to my trading diary.

My first trade I ever made actually based on a strategy instead of just clicking call or put and hope for the best, is the following:

It's based on the 15-30 minute strategy by Okane. So what I did is, on the bar where the yellow vertical line is drawn I entered the trade with a put option with a 30 minute expiry. I waited for the previous bearish candle to close and entered the trade as soon as I saw that the next candle also appeared to be bearish. I also figured the current trend was going down (see the white line), the stochastich was overbought and the RSI was almost overbought. I also figured the EMA 200 (aqua) worked as resistance. Now, I don't know if that's a good thought or that it was just a coincidence it worked as resistance this time?

The EMA lines: Red = 50 / Aqua(light blue) = 200

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In the money trade 15-30min strat graph 1.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	5323

The result I got (IQ Option demo-account:

Name:	In the money trade 15-30min strat iqop 1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	5324

It ended in the money, but that could as well be coincidince right? If someone could comment on what I did right and what I did wrong would be great. It would really help me in future with other trades if I know what I did right and wrong.

Hello again .

I just left you a juicy reply in the thread about my 15-30 min strategy so check it out.

Anyway, keep uploading your charts here and I will check it out and help you right here in your diary from now on
    so I'm glad you created a diary.

Just make you include the price in your pictures. Also, if you check some other diaries, please include an arrow for where you entered
    and a sign for on which candle it expiries. You can use the arrow tools in MT4 direct to place them right before you take
    a print-screen. And not sure what you use but use lightshot it's great, easy to use!

Anyway, you didn't do anything wrong. It's a good first trade. What you need to do now, after each trade:
    see why it succeeded or failed and try to figure out how you could have "seen" the same opportunity using
    S/R lines and trend lines. I know, you already done that by asking here so you did the right thing already!
    So again, my first answer is already in the other thread in the strategies room. Check it out. In the future I will just
    answer here as I said above so just keep me posted and update your diary. Also, don't forget, join the Skype group too
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hello Okane!

First of all, thanks for replying to my posts. I appreciate that you're being helpful by explaining how to approach the trades differently/better. I will keep posting trades I make in this thread instead of the other one. Also I will check out the webinar, cause I haven't yet and I will certainly join the skype group!

So thanks again and I will keep this diary updated.

4. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annovdbos View Post
    Hello Okane!

First of all, thanks for replying to my posts. I appreciate that you're being helpful by explaining how to approach the trades differently/better. I will keep posting trades I make in this thread instead of the other one. Also I will check out the webinar, cause I haven't yet and I will certainly join the skype group!

So thanks again and I will keep this diary updated.
    My pleasure!

I've been very busy the last couple days because of the nice weather in the Netherlands, which does not happen alot around here, haha. So due to the nice weather, I had not much time to trade. I made one trade on thursday though, just before I went to the beach. It ended in the money, but I don't think I would be confident enough to make this trade if I'd trade with real money. I don't if the criteria I took were the right ones.

This is the trade I took on the USD/CAD:

Name:	In the money trade graph 2 15m.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	5380

I took a put option because I figured the bearish candle before the candle I took the trade on, was breaking out of the yellow resistance line and the white trendline I drew. So I waited for that candle to close and see what the next candle would do, which was going up at first.

Also on the 5 minute timeframe the break out was pretty strong, which was an extra confirmation for me:

Name:	In the money trade graph 2 5m.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	5381

Now, I don't know if these are good confirmations for a break out or not?

I'm sure you meant you took a call option

It's pretty good, you had a target pivot line, a breakout, also on the M5 I see price was not making
    lower lows but diverging from it's down trend to create higher lows. Res/support line looks good.

Ah yes I meant a call option..

Alright. Now that you mention the target and the divergence I see it too. But I didn't see all that at first.. I only figured it broke out the trendline and S/R line.

9. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Just took another trade on the USD/CAD. Again in the money

Name:	In the money trade graph 3 15m.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	5382

The RSI and the Stochastic were overbought and the candle before the entry touched the supporting trendline. Also had a target line, which made me more comfortable taking the trade.

Name:	In the money trade graph 3 5m.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	5383

On the 5 minute timeframe, the price broke the supporting trendline. However the RSI and Stochastic were also (strongly) overbought in the 5 minute timeframe. Which made me pretty comfortable taking this trade. A put option with 30 minute expiry for real this time.

Good. In a week or two, I want you to ditch the RSI.
    That's the first goal

Alright, I will. That's already the indicator I pay the least attention to.