My Successful Trading Strategy I Want To Share. !!!

Hello everyone,

Just wanne make this thread to share with you my successful strategy and set-up.

1st of all I use freestocksharts.com, I used MT4 for a while but it's quite static and freestocksharts on the other hand is super dynamic imo. (For example drawing a line on one tab of an asset draws that line through all the tabs of that asset!)

My Set-up:

1 tab has: SMA 100 & 50 / BB / Stochastic

1 tab has: Histogram / MACD

I work with a couple of signal services and if I have no signal I go independent. (It's always nice to have some bells going of that gives you a tip to check out, it's like investing a crime and you go in without a clue but wait there is somebody that gives a tip to lead you in the right way! You know what I mean? But no signals, no problem we go independent and we find the entry points ourself.)

How I go to work:

SMA first tells me the trend that is going on. 50 up on the 100 = upward and vice versa.

I check what the candle sticks are doing in the Bollinger Bands, I check Stochastics if it's oversold or overbought, if I'm seeing a soon crossing there of the lines in that area yes or no. Crossing in overbought is mostly a point to put or crossing in oversold is mostly a point to call.

I check the second tab, is the histogram on the 0 line, how are the angles from the MACD, even these indicators i.e MACD + Histogram are independent from Stochastic there is some kind of relationship which can indicate things.

I draw support and resistance lines and from there I make up my mind. (Again here it is nice to use freestockcharts because they draw through the tabs)

Support and resistance lines ARE VERY POWERFUL guys, really USE THEM, I can't emphasis it enough!

In next pictures you see my set-up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMA + BB + Stoch.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	5308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Histogram + MACD.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	5309

On these pictures you see a green arrow, that's a trade I made out of indication from simple using support and resistance lines and histogram + MACD gave me a little push.

I switch regularly between 5 / 10 minute charts to find the lines and how the trend is behaving etc.

My trades are mostly 5 up to 15 minutes. 10 to 15 gives me mostly a clean window to trade in.

Hopeful someone finds use in this and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

This is so simple, powerful and successful.

Happy trading and good wealth for everybody!

Best regards, Bjorn.
    Last edited by BjornVdKerkhof; 08-22-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Quick example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22-08-2016 SMA + BB + STOCH.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22-08-2016 Histogram + MACD.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	5316

MACD + Histo + Stoch left me here

Still SMA + BB AND the cherry on the pie support + resistance line gave me the backup I needed to make my trade.

As you see, again in the money. I'm getting win, after win, after win with this set-up.

I know it looks and it's simply explained, that's why ask questions!

Respect the bad calls, you will get better but learn from the mistakes, never let a mistake or a bad trade pass without decently investigate what you did wrong, if you lose it means you did something wrong, analyse and ask questions we are here to help!
    Last edited by BjornVdKerkhof; 08-22-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Never trust the signals until you investigate them yourself!

But I'll repeat, a signal is like a cop investment for a murder: a cop can go out and invest who is the murderer without a clue. In trading you go out what is the best entry point, if you get a signal it's a nice indicator to go on a investigation and incorporate what I explained above.

Happy trading boys.

Bjorn.
    Last edited by BjornVdKerkhof; 08-22-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Thank you for the strategy.
    I struggle with Support and resistance lines.
    Never sure where to place them.
    Must get down to seriously understanding them.

Hey Bjorn! great posts, glad to see you sharing. FYI, I moved your thread to the Members War Room where we like to keep all the trading diaries. Like I said, great posts, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Hey Bjorn! great posts, glad to see you sharing. FYI, I moved your thread to the Members War Room where we like to keep all the trading diaries. Like I said, great posts, keep up the good work!
    Ha cool, sorry for the misplace, yea good idea to make this my diary.

Happy to share.

Bjorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thank you for the strategy.
    I struggle with Support and resistance lines.
    Never sure where to place them.
    Must get down to seriously understanding them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujN6rhEezcw scroll to after 10 mins

That's from our Community leader: Mr Okane, check it out.

I work with 1 hour windows and see how they run through to the rest of the day, once you get the hang of it you'll get it.

Spikes, drops => they connect, draw a line from them and see what the next strikes are.