Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Traders Dynamic Index - A basket of tools in one indicator !!!

Bogdan hit the nail on the head when he said this indicator is a complicated mess that looks like a bowl of spaghetti, he is also right when he says that once you get a grip on some basic trading theory, and learn what all the "noodles" do, it is a very powerful tool, almost like a western version of ichimoku hyo kinko. This indicator includes a Bollinger Band style volatility tool, an RSI, a moving average and a signal line into one oscillator style tool. It can be used for, you guessed it, to determine volatility, trend, reversals and entry signals.

In my opinion this is a good tool, takes a little experience to use but very powerful.

The Traders Dynamic Index, Full Review

I am a computer programmer and I will look at changes to the alerts. I'll code it to only send a alert when the green line crosses over the red under under the yellow line for calls and the opposite for puts

Quote Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
    I am a computer programmer and I will look at changes to the alerts. I'll code it to only send a alert when the green line crosses over the red under under the yellow line for calls and the opposite for puts
    It looks to me you want to trade the TDI the opposite way that I describe in the article:

"And now we get to the most important line, the one that ties everything together and makes the indicator tradable: the Yellow line. This is called the Market Base Line and it acts as a trend indicator. All the signals from the other lines will be traded only if the Yellow Master says it’s okay. Here are some potential scenarios: when the Green is above the Red and both are above the Yellow, we will trade Calls. When Green is below Red and both are below Yellow, we will trade Puts."

Now you say you want to give a CALL signal when green crosses over red under yellow? Under yellow you only take PUTS as a rule of thumb. Of course, that being said, you can trade it any way you like. Just saying
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

When the green is under both red and yellow that's a call - the green crosses the red then continues up crossing the yellow
    Last edited by trickyd; 02-23-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Add more

Your example chart has the green below the yellow line then moves up to cross it and the red

Yup, hey you're the programmer. Code it anyway you want and let's hope you find a good setup. We're on the same side
    Cheers
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

I'm working on the alerts and arrows doing tests. No changes to the rest of the tdi. I see in the standard tdi the alerts give a lot of false signals and the arrows point to candles that don't follow the rules.

I've coded it to only give an alert when green crosses the red line and the green line is above the yellow line and is also following the trend of the yellow line it's a possible call signal and opposite for put

Bogdan I have it following your rules. Can you please tell me what settings you use for it. You said in the review you had different settings and for the rest of us use the default ones

Quote Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
    Bogdan I have it following your rules. Can you please tell me what settings you use for it. You said in the review you had different settings and for the rest of us use the default ones
    Each currency pair behaves differently so you may end up using different settings for different pairs. Best way is to test, then test and then test some more (that's what i did and do). My settings work for me but I am not sure how they work for others. Keep in mind that i am not trading the TDI alone.