Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First deposit ever... !!!

Hello traders!

So 3 days ago I finally decided to deposit. I deposited 200 dollars, thought I'd start small. I had a good strategy and I was ready to go ham...

I have to say there's a BIG difference between trading with a demo account and a real account. There's alot of emotions and thoughts going through my head when I'm trading with real money. The first two trades were smooth. I traded accordingly to my strat. Here's where I got really greedy. I kept going and lost a trade. I traded another two trades and I won both.

Now, the second day is where everything just went wrong. I lost a trade that first was deep in the money and the very last second, it turned. I got really emotional and I was completely out of control. I wiped the whole account that same day

Maybe I wasn't ready for real trading, I really don't know. Before I even began to trade, I told myself to not lose my control. But it's easier said than done. How do you control you greediness and fear? How do you control your emotions in general?

Thanks

~Yiki

I think you still have a whole lot to learn.
    Are you watching our live webinars and in the Skype group too?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    I think you still have a whole lot to learn.
    Are you watching our live webinars and in the Skype group too?
    I'd agree.

Where can I find the live webinars? Where's the skype group chat? All I can see is the chat we had the other day, between you and me :O

Hey there! welcome!.

Here is a link to the Youtube channel. I think that youwill need one of our mods toadd you to the live group.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRE...nxRyeUfp9f5Rjg

Happy trading!!!

Hello Yiki!

You can join our skype group

https://join.skype.com/lzwxcIa5OmNg

Live Group-Communitarders

Ah thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yiki View Post
    I'd agree.

Where can I find the live webinars? Where's the skype group chat? All I can see is the chat we had the other day, between you and me :O
    Oh now I remember. Well, you "disappeared" so I couldn't explain
    everything for you in detail.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Yiki View Post
    Hello traders!

So 3 days ago I finally decided to deposit. I deposited 200 dollars, thought I'd start small. I had a good strategy and I was ready to go ham...

I have to say there's a BIG difference between trading with a demo account and a real account. There's alot of emotions and thoughts going through my head when I'm trading with real money. The first two trades were smooth. I traded accordingly to my strat. Here's where I got really greedy. I kept going and lost a trade. I traded another two trades and I won both.

Now, the second day is where everything just went wrong. I lost a trade that first was deep in the money and the very last second, it turned. I got really emotional and I was completely out of control. I wiped the whole account that same day

Maybe I wasn't ready for real trading, I really don't know. Before I even began to trade, I told myself to not lose my control. But it's easier said than done. How do you control you greediness and fear? How do you control your emotions in general?

Thanks

~Yiki

Hmm, it seems you are really not ready to trade with real money. I have a question. What expiry time are you using, because your sentence "I lost a trade that first was deep in the money and the very last second, it turned. " seems to me very weird how if it is deep in the money it will turn in the last second if it is not a sixty second trade or very short term which both are gambling or left for experienced scalpers. I recommend you if you continue to trade real money (which I don't think is the right decision for you now) to trade only longer term options, 1 day or 1 week, this way you will search for setups with real logic behind and will execute them with clear mind. Try a rule to not trade more than 3 trades per day for example.. or 1 even better. Check my tips as well, they are not something very special but in all cases you should know them well and trade accordingly! Emotional control is the easiest thing if you follow your rules and your money management. It will be good if you lose your next deposit in a matter of month not in a single day.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hmm, it seems you are really not ready to trade with real money. I have a question. What expiry time are you using, because your sentence "I lost a trade that first was deep in the money and the very last second, it turned. " seems to me very weird how if it is deep in the money it will turn in the last second if it is not a sixty second trade or very short term which both are gambling or left for experienced scalpers. I recommend you if you continue to trade real money (which I don't think is the right decision for you now) to trade only longer term options, 1 day or 1 week, this way you will search for setups with real logic behind and will execute them with clear mind. Try a rule to not trade more than 3 trades per day for example.. or 1 even better. Check my tips as well, they are not something very special but in all cases you should know them well and trade accordingly! Emotional control is the easiest thing if you follow your rules and your money management. It will be good if you lose your next deposit in a matter of month not in a single day.
    Hello Kolyo.

It was a 5 min trade where I traded a put. What I mean was that candlestick first went down and gradually but slowly started coming back up. The very last second it turned from under to over my line.

I'd agree with you that I'm not ready. I'm thinking to go longer trades, maybe 1-4 hours or so. I'll check your tips. Thanks for the advice!

It seems to me that the best way to avoid emotional explosions is to have a rule that if a trade comes out really bad, you just stop trading for the day. Another day will come, your mind will be calm and you'll start again. Emotions are not a good thing when it comes to trading.