Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

Newbie from the UK !!!

Hi Everyone,
    I am a complete novice and i have never traded before, i have no idea about binary trading Forex etc but am willing to learn.
    I work as a night shift Manager, and work as an Electrician in the day when i have time, i would like to learn to trade so i can start having a home life once again and as i am not getting any younger i do not want to carry on working 16 hour days, any advice, learning programs etc will be gratefully received. tried the demo platform today so i will see how my first ever trade goes.

Thanks
    Mark

Welcome onboard Mark Imagining yourself entering a starship called BOTS School to start with. Usually, it's the steps we took here once we're onboard:

1. Attend the School, but if you feel you need the mix with the video/tutorial, then go to:
    2. CommuniTrader Channel for the video.
    3. Explore the trading journals/diaries of the members here for learning the mistakes, tips, etc. on Members War Room. And do start your own trading journal/diary so others could help you with your progress.

You're also welcomed to join the Skype group that we have.

That's all, hope you enjoy your journey with us here.
    Last edited by Lelyz9; 07-29-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content

3. Thanks Kolyo thanked this post
    Hello Mark,

Welcome to CommuniTraders!

Lelyz9 already did my job (Thanks Lelyz! ) and show you all necessary places where you can start to learn. Don't expect to use trading for a shortcut to quit your job. If you are persistent and understand how to trade properly you may supplement your income, but it all depend on what you learned. Wishing you good time here and see you later
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Rookie Member
    Thanks, that is what i want to do supplement my income i work 2 jobs and if i can earn an extra £500-1000 PM i will be happy as i can quit one of them, i will take things slowly and go through the school and try to digest as much info as possible. Once i have learned and feel confident then i will place my first trades, i get a buzz doing the demo trades so dont know what i will be like when i do it for real.

Mark

Hello Mark!

You're in the right place. Test CT demo account and share trades. Ask what ever you need.

Milos

Rookie Member
    Thanks Milos
    I will be asking lots of questions lol

Quote Originally Posted by markaj View Post
    Thanks, that is what i want to do supplement my income i work 2 jobs and if i can earn an extra £500-1000 PM i will be happy as i can quit one of them, i will take things slowly and go through the school and try to digest as much info as possible. Once i have learned and feel confident then i will place my first trades, i get a buzz doing the demo trades so dont know what i will be like when i do it for real.

Mark
    Hey there Mark!

I had the same idea, to add to my income (thats our ultimate goal, right???)

STOP!

Do NOT think about the money just yet. Instead focus on:

1. Making good trades
    2. Learning basic price action

When 1 and 2 are in place you will find that the money will come, but focus on the money first, and you are setting yourself up to fail.

I heard a saying. "As a trader, your first goal should be to make good trades, money is secondary"

So, find a trading plan, including money management (very important) and get ready to learn learn learn.

Oh, and ignore all those youtube " you can make easy money" videos, it is BS.

Take a look at my diary
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ndkill-s-Diary

and others.

Welcome to BOTS, and I and anyone else here are very happy to help with any questions you may have.

Happy learning!!!!
    Last edited by vulgartrendkill; 07-30-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Rookie Member
    Hi Vulgartrendkill,

Thanks for the reply, i will not jump in without gaining a serious amount of knowledge first, i will do the school read peoples diaries and journals and gain as much info from here as possible before i make the leap, i will open an account with 24option, i have spoken with them and they asked me to deposit £2000 i have not made a deposit as yet and will wait until i am ready, i had a play on the demo account and did not really know what i was doing it was just like gambling to me i had no strategy what so ever. I am sure things will eventually fall into place. Ideally i would like to make this my main form of income but will not give up my day jobs until i am sure i can make a go of it, so once again thank you for your input and i will take a look at your diary, i dont think i have ever found a place where people look to help you so much and give good advice.

Mark

Treating trading as a job is absolutely key. It is clear to me that trading is incredibly tough, mentally and emotionally draining. My advice (and it is just that and my opinion) is to do not get caught up with indicators. Look up on Support and Resistance and how to set those zones. Once you can do that, you will see that price seems to magically respect them in places. From that you can learn to trade. take it all in, watch videos and try to put into practice what you learn. Develop your own style.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by vulgartrendkill View Post
    Treating trading as a job is absolutely key.
    Hi.

I believe that if you treat trading as a job that is supposed to earn your main monthly living, you will put too much pressure on yourself, because the thought of NEEDING to make a certain amount of profit will blur your mind. Treating trading as complimentary additional income per month will let your mind be more at ease, focused on trading and making the right decisions.

To markaj - definitely practice with a demo account for a month or two, even more if you feel its necessary, and when moving over to a live account, use good money management and follow those rules strictly.

Good luck!