Silver and Crude Oil ETF !!!

Can't seem to find anyway of Silver and Crude oil ETF on my meta trader 4 charts. Is it possible or do I need to get a different chart for them. Learning so much here.

tks

Podges
    Last edited by podges; 07-21-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Hi Podges!

First you have to know that there are many different kinds of instruments on Crude Oil and it applies for Silver as well. On first place most brokers, maybe including yours too offer not ETFs but CFD on Futures (CFD means contract for difference and is something like mirroring instrument on the real Futures) so maybe you have West Texas Crude oil futures CFD and Brent crude oil CFD and also Silver futures CFD. In our CommuniTraders platform we offer trading on Crude Oil ETF which have different price but in overall its movements are exactly the same like the crude oil futures. So if you have the futures you don't need ETF charts! Also try tradingview they have free charts for almost all instruments you want to trade. Feel free to ask more questions, we are here to help
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Exactly, there probably isn't a "silver" asset but there should be something that mimics the spot price of silver... now oil, there are like 30 different types of oil, all with different prices, you need to be sure that what you find to trade is mimicking the same asset you are following, make sense? What I mean is you can't follow Brent and trade WTI...

You can trade crude oil and Brent oil. If you want silver trading you have to know the following: the price of gold and the price of silver move in the same direction. The price of gold is being followed by the price of silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi Podges!

First you have to know that there are many different kinds of instruments on Crude Oil and it applies for Silver as well. On first place most brokers, maybe including yours too offer not ETFs but CFD on Futures (CFD means contract for difference and is something like mirroring instrument on the real Futures) so maybe you have West Texas Crude oil futures CFD and Brent crude oil CFD and also Silver futures CFD. In our CommuniTraders platform we offer trading on Crude Oil ETF which have different price but in overall its movements are exactly the same like the crude oil futures. So if you have the futures you don't need ETF charts! Also try tradingview they have free charts for almost all instruments you want to trade. Feel free to ask more questions, we are here to help
    Thanks everyone. I have Oil futures. I was looking to match the prices on our trading platform so I could try some trades on oil. Since movements are the same I will give it a try. See you at the webinar.

Podges