Anybody using a VPN to trade binary? !!!

VPN's are used to mask IP address for many reasons, including unlocking geo-restricted web content. I was wondering if anyone out there is using one to trade binary options?

I personally feel that would be too risky! might lead to someone intercepting your account data?

I use a VPN sometimes.

It's about $50 per annum.
    Very useful for blocked web sites.
    Sometimes on and sometimes off, doesn't seem any different.
    Very handy for BBC programmes when I am on holiday abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by vulgartrendkill View Post
    I personally feel that would be too risky! might lead to someone intercepting your account data?
    Well,I think the point is to keep someone from intercepting account data, and to use a broker you might not be able to use otherwise,

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I use a VPN sometimes.

It's about $50 per annum.
    Very useful for blocked web sites.
    Sometimes on and sometimes off, doesn't seem any different.
    Very handy for BBC programmes when I am on holiday abroad.
    Yeah, I think aside from a work viewpoint watching fee tv online that is geolocked is the most popular use.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    VPN's are used to mask IP address for many reasons, including unlocking geo-restricted web content. I was wondering if anyone out there is using one to trade binary options?
    Me! Dukascopy's website is blocked in our country. And actually all foreign forex brokers' websites are blocked here. The BO, all might be blocked too in the future, just not yet now. That's why the IP address policy is very important to be noticed in the T&C.

But because Dukascopy is actually a bank, there's no real regulations that restrict the business done with foreign bank so it's nothing against the law whether in the past and hopefully in the future as well.
    Last edited by Lelyz9; 07-14-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content

That's interesting. I've been doing research on the VPN's and have mixed feeling about them. There are lots of good uses but they can be abused too, many top sites are working to detect them and block traffic they think is routed through VPN's. I haven't really heard much about it relating to binary options but I'm sure there is an interested crowd out there.

Yes Michael, it's not well known for BO. With IP things in the brokers' T&C, there's really no pros to use VPN, just pure cons. Even without the IP restriction, the usage of VPN to trade BO might increase the delay time in executing the trade, really not something favorable to the traders. But in the case when the websites are blocked in the countries without clear regulation about this BO, it's no choice but to use VPN as the only option.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lelyz9 View Post
    Yes Michael, it's not well known for BO. With IP things in the brokers' T&C, there's really no pros to use VPN, just pure cons. Even without the IP restriction, the usage of VPN to trade BO might increase the delay time in executing the trade, really not something favorable to the traders. But in the case when the websites are blocked in the countries without clear regulation about this BO, it's no choice but to use VPN as the only option.
    many good points, delay times would be the biggest worry, and any other impediments to functionality. If you have to I'd say stick to longer term expiry to hopefully avoid the problem with delays,

In my view this is truly very risky, it's best to choose a good broker in your region and trade steadily.