Potentially the first use of a robot to kill in american police practice !!!

This news is a bit disturbing - first use of police robot in US to kill as they said a "shooting suspect" - I don't say is it right or wrong, but the whole idea that robots can be used in police operations is a kind of freak, my feeling is. What do you think guys?

http://www.popsci.com/police-used-bo...src=SOC&dom=fb
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Robots can be used in human purpose not in killing. Its my opinion. Technology should provide to people easy away to work and live.

It's raised a little controversy here but not too much as yet. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it may take a few days for the full effect of it to be known. It is surprising, there seems to be a war brewing between the police and a criminal element within the population and it is escalating. The public is at risk, there is no telling where it might happen next... violence from either side that could result in death. Will it be in my town? Should I start staying indoors? I think not.

The cops are doing a hard job and it seems to be getting harder, the question is why? Are there just more criminals or are the police really that aggressive? which side is at fault? I have no doubt both sides are to blame. The police are doing a hard job and deserve our respect but they are increasing well armed and there seems to be more and more of them every day. At the same time there is a culture here in which entitlement, devision and in some cases anti-police attitudes are rampant and encouraged. In between are politicos and race baiters on both sides cheering them on. In this kind of environment it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

Rookie Member
    What kind of robots do you use?