Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stockpair - a gripe... !!!

Just a quick point, and to make you aware that in that with Stockpair, they are one of the few brokers that if your trade comes in tied/on the money with your purchase price - you lose! You do not get your initial trade back. This doesn't seem right to me, as I'm not aware of this being the case with other brokers? That said their platform is one of the better ones.

Seems like a legitimate gripe, what are the details? is it in their terms&conditions? How often does this happen to you?

Yes, with Stockpair, ATM or Strike price is considered a loss.
    You have to either end up at a higher or a lower price to win depending on
    if you chose high or low.
    However, I don't think hitting ATM is something that happens
    that often per 100 trades.
    But I would prefer if they paid out for strike, seems fair.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

This can affect only very short term strikes and is not a significant factor to trades with more time till the expiry. Of course if you are scalper better to find other broker with more fair ATM pricing.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

If you think about it atm isn't a win anyway. the trade, a call at 94.70 means that the options closes above that level right? so a tie wouldn't count.

6. Thanks petbax thanked this post
    I would have to agree...If your trade comes in ATM it shouldn't be counted as a loss...Kinda like a push in blackjack, if you tie the dealer does not win your bet.

Quote Originally Posted by petbax View Post
    Just a quick point, and to make you aware that in that with Stockpair, they are one of the few brokers that if your trade comes in tied/on the money with your purchase price - you lose! You do not get your initial trade back. This doesn't seem right to me, as I'm not aware of this being the case with other brokers? That said their platform is one of the better ones.
    I agree, I wasn't happy with that move. That's one of the reasons I ranked them lower on our last review.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I didn't have this situation in my trading history that strike price the same as the expiry price.

And a new gripe that is just plain fekin irritating....Neteller funding still available, but you can only fund EUR or GBP. You cannot fund using USD. You cannot open a more than one account at Neteller with different currencies either.

And the biggest irritation? Support tells me to contact support. . .

Crazy shite...really.
    Dear Optimist, Pessimist, and Realist:
    While you guys were arguing about the glass of water, I drank it!
    Sincerely,
    The Opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by boart View Post

And the biggest irritation? Support tells me to contact support. . .

Crazy shite...really.
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a