Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tour De France 2016, Binary Options! !!!

Just kidding ,there are no Tour De Frace binary options but there could be. However, it is time for the Tours, it's own right now. I love it, it's the greatest sporting even of the year, each and every year. nearly 200 men from around the world race their bikes for nearly 2,500 miles over three weeks. There are sprints, climbs, distance, heat, rain, wind, road conditions and crashes they must all avoid in order to reach the end... and they are racing the whole time, against the clock, against each other and against the elements. Great stuff. Let me know what you think. My favorites right now are Alberto Contador for the GC win, Sylvain Chavenal for a stage win in the mountains, Cavendish for best sprinter and more, updates to come.

looking forward to the updates(:
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

It's been action packed already. There were some nasty crashes in stage one, one due to crappy barricades lining the approach the finish. My favorite, Contador was part of a crash early in stage 1 and has had a little bit of trouble the first few days. The good thing is that it can take a few days to get your Tour legs in shape, and it takes 3 weeks to win so today's leader could easily get dropped over the course of the next 19 days. Today, Thomas Voeckler, a French rider and previous Maillot Juene wearer, left the peloton and made it across to join a break-away getting the spotlight for a few hours. Mark Cavendish came in at the end to win sprint for the stage win. He reminds me of Erik Zabel from the late 90's, a slightly older and more mature rider winning with speed and experience. No change in the leaders.

How's Armstrong rated? (one who doesn't know lol)
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    How's Armstrong rated? (one who doesn't know lol)
    He's retired, and banned.

Another photo finish.... great tour so far.

What a great day in the tour! A surprise break away on the first of many mountain stages resulted in a complete shake up of the peloton. Now an largely unknown rider will wear the Yellow Jersey. His lead in around the 6 minute mark, a stunning amount of time for the races favorite to have to overcome. I can't wait for the next mountain stage... tomorrow!

It has been a great Tour so far. All the riders are bitching about the course because the stages have too long, too flat, too windy, too narrow, too this too that and what it really means is that the race is hard. The organizers made a hard race, forcing these guys to ride on their abilities and rely on the teams less, which makes your team even more important than ever. If you want to win this years tour you have to ride up front, be ready to respond to break away's and attacks and be able to do this through the mountains. We've seen a little bit of climbing so far but the real tests are to come. Today they begin to enter the big mountains.

The yellow jersey is in a lead group right now, about 5 minutes ahead of the peloton. 92 kilometers to go...

OH yeah! now we're up in the big big mountains. The Col de Tourmalet, the Col de Peyresourde... awesome! these are some of the biggest climbs we seen a tour and always favorites. The peloton cracked! The yellow jersey wearer fell off the back and lost more than 15 minutes on the leaders. A led group of 18 riders had the lead for most of the race. They were attacking off the ront at every chance. My favorite Contador is having a hard time but he hung in there.