Spread Betting/ Binary Options are they the same? !!!

Hello

i posted earlier a strategy of a guy who uses Intermarket patterns to trade FTSE. He said he uses Spread Betting instead of Binary Options

i don't know much about Spread Betting maybe someone who knows it can enlighten us? You have to put a price on a pip but that's all i know about SB

are BO and SB close?

thanks

Jeff

I believe the concept is pretty similar, yet I don't know much about spread betting. Very popular in the UK if that helps ( :
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I believe the concept is pretty similar, yet I don't know much about spread betting. Very popular in the UK if that helps ( :
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I'm not an expert on Spread Betting or CFD's, contracts for difference, but from what I understand they are very similar to the US NADEX style 0-100 binary trade ad bull/bear spreads, and also much like trading a spread with standard options. When you buy the spread there is a max and min payout if the options closes in or out of the money, above or below the spread. The spread being a set high and low range boundary for asset price. While the asset price is between the spread profits/losses are counted in pips, just like with forex. This means that you can trade them like forex, with the safety net of a binary trade.

Spread betting mean you want to bet on increase or decrease of given instrument, íf you want to learn them check IG platform - they have spreads in adittion to their binaries. http://www.ig.com/uk/spread-betting#lb-buycablelight
    Last edited by Kolyo; 06-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

I think they are more similar to spot than to binary options, even it is strange to me what animal they are exactly but they exist that mean some traders especially UK traders use them
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    I think they are more similar to spot than to binary options, even it is strange to me what animal they are exactly but they exist that mean some traders especially UK traders use them
    I know what you mean, they are very similar to NADEX bull and bear spreads... those contracts trade like spot positions, so long as the asset price is within the range of the spread, if it closes above or below the range it pays the maximum amount for the spread minus your cost/risk.