Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost right?

Almost right? !!!

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the binary options scene, i have been studding it for the past few weeks on demo accounts. I used to gamble on 1-5 min expiry's but i noticed I am doing a lot better on the 15 min options. However one thing i have noticed is there are a lot of times where I am almost right. I would close just above or just below the expiry, sometimes by only a few pips.
    Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how to solve it. It is quite frustrating losing by so little.
    Should i increase to 30 or 60 min expiry's?

Also side question, if i am doing 15 min expiry's, should i be looking at 15 min candles? or 30 min expiry is 30 min candle?

Thanks for the help!

Last question first, it depends on your strategy. usually what I do is find an average number of candles it takes for a set signal to develop into a win then use that as my expiry... ie if I'm on the 15 minute charts and the signals take 2-3 candles to form a win then expiry needs to be 30 - 45 minutes. However, most short term strategies are geared to pick what the next candle does so if you are on a 15 min chart a 15 minute expiry may be best. When I do short term I like to use the 1 minute charts and 2 minute expiry. Sometimes 5 minute charts and 10 minute expiry.

as for coming almost in the money, that's a tough one. it happens all the time which is why I really prefer to use longer time frames like hourly or daily because those signals result in larger moves and better guarantee of correct movement of the asset.

Thanks Michael.
    You mentioned longer time frames. I noticed I was over trading in the begging. How many trades do you enter in an average day? I went from 100s down to about 15-20. I still feel like that is too high. Is 3 to 5 a day a more reasonable number?

Hi and welcome to our binary trading community!

The thoughts presented by Michael are quite reasonable and good for a starting point. I won’t recommend trading on 15 min candle charts with 15 min expiry, it will be better to have at least two times greater expiry (maybe 30 min in your case). Everything depends on the strategy you are using. Trading hundreds of trades in a day is insane for a newbie trader. Even for a seasoned scalper it is too much. 3-5 per day is ok, till you are strictly following your rules and money management plan.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hey! Welcome. If your trades are expiring below or above your entry, it could mean
    two things: 1. You are not drawing your S/R lines properly (or at all)
    2. You are not observing past history properly.

First of all, just because you trade 15min expiries, it does not mean
    you have to look at a M15 and M30 chart only. As Michael said above, of course
    it depends on your expiry. This is a tough questions to answer, I have already made
    two videos where I trade to explain as best as I can depending on several variables.

Videos are here on our YouTube channel

By the way, check our article on expiries too where all the experts here explain how they set
    their expiries!

I suggest you read the article and watch the videos.
    By the way, next week I will do a live webinar on the same YouTube channel
    where I am going to explain a trade I took because I think there are interesting details there
    that might be helpful to you as well. You will learn how you can take short expiries even when you analyze
    a higher TF chart, like the case with my trade for example that I will explain. I already explained it in the Skype group
    but I think everyone should learn! Find more info in this thread here

There you go, all you need to know =)
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Welcome Doctor to Communitraders!

I use the following:
    M1 charts 5-10 time frame expiry.
    M5 charts 15-30 time frame expiry
    M15 charts H1 time frame expiry.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Welcome Doctor to Communitraders!

I use the following:
    M1 charts 5-10 time frame expiry.
    M5 charts 15-30 time frame expiry
    M15 charts H1 time frame expiry.

This is very good way to select a time frame for a given expiration!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Welcome Doctor to our big community. What a unique name

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorM95 View Post
    Thanks Michael.
    You mentioned longer time frames. I noticed I was over trading in the begging. How many trades do you enter in an average day? I went from 100s down to about 15-20. I still feel like that is too high. Is 3 to 5 a day a more reasonable number?
    usually I make 5 trades per week with 3 day or one week expiry. From time to time I'll trade short term, with 2 minute or 5 minute expiry, when I do I might make 5 or 10 trades, it really depends on how I am doing. If I do well I may quit after 3 or 4 trades, why waste profits trying for more? if not I may do more, just to try and keep my win rate to at least 50/50(still losing) with a goal of 55% or better.

I also prefer long term options because there you rely more on your analysis and less on the chance, however from time to time my second nature talk too and I make some fast trades but only when I see favorable conditions, like strong trend, breakout or some surprising news like NFP data last Friday. Damn, I missed it.. it was a fantastic oportunity for a short term scalping the market