Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary's Diary

Solid Member

Gary's Diary !!!

New member looking to learn about trading, so i've created a diary to track my learning

Hey Gary! Glad you didn't hesitate on opening a diary.
    Just let us know if you need anything!

Remember the, "3 confirmations at least" rule and you will be good.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Solid Member
    Thanks Okane, can you give me the "3 confirmations" again just so that i know i have them correct

Quote Originally Posted by macg2311 View Post
    Thanks Okane, can you give me the "3 confirmations" again just so that i know i have them correct
    For example: (beginner level)
    - You have a lower high (retracing)
    - That lower high is near a resistance based on candlestick analysis (price action)
    - Stochastic is overbought on at least 2-3 timeframes.
    - EMA happens to intercept your line

Additional confirmations (advanced/expert):

Time Patterns, price level patterns and other asset
    related reoccurring patterns. For now focus on the confirmations
    I mentioned above, for beginners!

Solid Member
    Thanks for that Okane.......so i guess its kind of looking for things like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	4620

Hey. Please watch this video about trading diaries
    because I have explained how you can get bigger and better looking pictures
    using lightshot and uploading the correct format.

I think you are on the right track.

Also, check out my diary - click here
    Look at the last page, two of my latest trades.

* On your picture I can see you seem to have good lines!
    So, keep practicing. You will see where I placed and traded today
    based on what line and even my expiry. Also notice the big and clear pictures!
    I hope it helps.

Solid Member
    Thanks for the links, i spotted the trades on your diary and printed them and sat and studied them by locating the trades on MT4, it was a great help and its starting to click. I'm going to keep watching this week and then maybe demo next week to see if i can spot them in real time

Quote Originally Posted by macg2311 View Post
    Thanks for the links, i spotted the trades on your diary and printed them and sat and studied them by locating the trades on MT4, it was a great help and its starting to click. I'm going to keep watching this week and then maybe demo next week to see if i can spot them in real time
    Good to hear!
    Take your time, it usually takes awhile for the "aha moment" to kick in.

Solid Member
    Not going to be able to do much work today, its half term in the UK and my son who is rugby mad claims he needs some things that can't be found in cheaper shops like sports direct, they have to be bought at Newcastle Falcons club shop, really need trading to work out, if only to be able to pay for my sons rugby!

I'm going write down some thoughts, they sound good in my head, hope they make sense when reading them!

Got some handy links from Okane, the 1st one about trading daries, (note to myself and anybody new reading this), save pictures as JPEG so others can see them in order to provide important feed back. Also on the video he posts a trade he took and describes why he took it, so going spend some time looking for similar set ups. I think once you train your mind to look for 1 set up, become good at spotting them, you can then look for another kind eventually (hopefully) it'll become 2nd nature and I won't even realise I'm doing it

That's called "Activating the RAS" It's how our minds work. You're on your way to experience miracle and miracle, happy learning Gary!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein. Hidden Content