Thread: Closing Prices

Closing Prices !!!

I use some online charts and set the interval at 1 minute. I can look back in time and see what the asset closed at on any given minute. However, if I go to another online chart the exact same
    time, the close will be different. Not a lot of difference, but definitely a difference. Is there an online chart that is considered the most accurate?

what charts are you using and which assets are you comparing, the answer you seek may be found in those responses....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    what charts are you using and which assets are you comparing, the answer you seek may be found in those responses....
    http://www.freestockcharts.com/platform/v1

http://www.netdania.com/charts

http://www.level2stockquotes.com/

At 0000 GMT, I compared EUR/USD

Freestock chart = 1.12132 close
    Netdania chart = 1.12101 close
    Level2 chart = 1.12145 close

Quote Originally Posted by Grndcomm View Post
    I use some online charts and set the interval at 1 minute. I can look back in time and see what the asset closed at on any given minute. However, if I go to another online chart the exact same
    time, the close will be different. Not a lot of difference, but definitely a difference. Is there an online chart that is considered the most accurate?
    All sources get their price feed from different feed providers.
    There will always be a difference. If it's small, 1-2pips or even better, just pipettes then it
    is OK. I suppose "the most accurate" is something only Wall Street people have access to.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Just like Okane explained every broker get their quotes from different feed providers. In currency every data feed providers have different sources for their data. It's the same every bank quotes differently on their currency pairs when you go to the banks to buy/sell physical currency. It's the same theory.

It is spread between ask and bid price.

Ok thanks for the replies.

Yeah, forex is traded in so many places, in so many ways, by so many people around the clock on live exchanges and in the electronic markets there will never be only one closing price... unless they (the people in charge, whoever they are) create a single feed for prices. The best is to find the one you like the best, and that matches best with the broker you are using, and stick with that.. and dont' trade 60 seconds because the time frame is so short a single pipette could cause you to lose.

not to mention the fact that there is rounding involved ... especially with the feeds that provided less pips...