trade problem in communitrader? !!!

hey there folks.

Just did a trade on gbp/usd, it was a put. it shows as a loss at expiry, but I can clearly see it was a win both on my mt4 and this pic seems to suggest I am correct:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt4 error trade.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	4485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trade error.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	4486

I entered when the red candle ended under the diagonal red line I had created and expiry was 5 mins/5 candles. Given that mt4 shows that the following candles no where near reached the previous candles close, surely it was a ITM trade?

Am I reading wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by vulgartrendkill; 05-12-2016 at 06:09 AM. Reason: more detail added

Only way that's OTM is if your MT4 timeframe is set at M5 instead of M1.

But thats the thing Steve, Its a 1min chart. So 5 candles in is still ITM!

...and we are talking that bear candle right in the middle of the diagonal line? I see in the screenshot your MT4 was set to M1, a 5min put at the open or close of that candle should still end ITM.

that is why its so strange! Must be a glitch. glad its a demo account!

It is kinda weird...but I did notice that I had a 15-min put on GBP/USD this morning that ended ATM but counted as OTM. Sometimes my ATM trades count as ITM & sometimes they count as ATM so I guess it all balances out.

Hey guys. Each platform has a different feed (and also different expiry calculation). It means that you must compare your MT4 charts with the broker's charts to understand the difference in terms of pips. Our feed is different than your MT4 feed, so sometimes when it comes to very small numbers (0.0001 or even less) your expiry is going to be different. Another factor, specifically to CommuniTraders, is the # of digits presented. While your mt4 and most brokers have 5 digits after the dot, CT only has 4. We're working to add the 5th digit. I recommend to take an advice from Okane/Kolyo/Michael or other members regulatory trading on CT to learn more about that difference and how to overcome it
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

From the mt4 chart you posted it is not possible to clearly see what is the real entry and close price. From the CommuniTraders screenshot it is visible that your 5 min trade ended OTM with just 1 pips which is a small deviation and it could be due to deferens between our price feed and your broker feed, but it could also be the same. In order to compare you need to write down or make a screenshot of the broker price at the moment of entry and exactly of the moment of exit. Sometimes price can move with 1-2 pips for just a fraction of a second and then move back so it is not possible to say what is exactly the reason unless you have a tick by tick data. OANDA and Dukascopy offer such price feed so you can make detailed comparison but this is only if you want to make a serious analysis. In the past we also made extensive testing with video capturing BO brokers feeds together with a forex broker for comparison and all the results are presented in this thread - http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....tions-Broker!?, where you can see some small differences are usual for all brokers.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thank you Martin. I do appreciate that the pips may be different, but what concerns me is that the trade shown seems to totally contradict the movement of the market for that period. I will compare the two and try to get a feel for the differences and make allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by vulgartrendkill View Post
    Thank you Martin. I do appreciate that the pips may be different, but what concerns me is that the trade shown seems to totally contradict the movement of the market for that period. I will compare the two and try to get a feel for the differences and make allowances.
    In response to Martin's suggestion, I tend to avoid trades with short expiry... the difference in pips from chart to chart is to much to overcome in most cases... but the charts I use seem to track pretty closely with the CT prices as listed on the demo platform... my entry prices and expiry prices are very very close to those I see on my charts. I don't use MT4 much, because their feed is slow in my opinion, I use Java charts that can be gotten from Binary.com for free, and other places, because they be better in many ways. . . and I've been using them for over 10 years so I am loathe to go to new charts.