Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    excellent advice Kolyo. If only I could follow it!

Man, in all honesty i don't even feel much, if anything when i lose, i am so disconnected from the "money" aspect of trading as weird as that sounds and focus solely on the win percentage, if i take a loss i just move on immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinJunky View Post
    Man, in all honesty i don't even feel much, if anything when i lose, i am so disconnected from the "money" aspect of trading as weird as that sounds and focus solely on the win percentage, if i take a loss i just move on immediately.
    That's exactly right. On the one hand you trade, you make a good trades because you know how to play the game. YOu win some, you lose some, usually winning more than losing. On the other is the account, and cash flow. If you are trading well it doesn't matter if you make an individual loss or even a string of losses if the cash flow and account balances remain good... which is why you use money management. If cash flow get wacky, then you examine what's going on. Does money management need to be adjusted, does trading need to be adjusted. At no time though does the account or cash flow hang totally on a single trade, ever.

[I] agree: n o revenge trades! But check, what you might have misjudged,and write down for the future. All that you have written down stays longer in your memory.
    after you have done that, you might feel relieved and are ready to trade again with may be even some extra attention. long term trading is -to my opinion- not too helpful
    for newcomers, unless you have written down the whole action: which time, which signal, which candle pattern a.s.o. made you trade. If not, you will forget about it might become a bit careless about the outcome. But I think, that could be different for anybody. Like Michael says: focus on making the next trades better.

If you have bad trades stop trading Make a pause.You can ask for advice here.We're human beings we wrong sometimes but we can provide solutions.

Personally I underestimated the emotions involved, eventhough I had to handle similar emotions during online poker. Did fall into the trap of trying to make up for losses, luckily for me both times turned out ok. In the first two weeks I was just using some indicators without clear rules and was al over the place. Not good for dealing with losses. Now using more of a strategy and that helps keeping emotions a bit in check. However now I notice that I do not always follow my own rules and this results in unnecessary losses, not good for emotions. When trading in evening and I suffer some following losses I just go out for some running. Helps clear the mind. But mastaring emotions for me is one of the hardest aspects of BO trading.

it's because of money. If you can forget about it being money, not think about profits or losses, and just play the game it always works out best. Play to win when you do the profits will follow.