Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If You Lose A Trade, How Do You React? !!!

Hi Guys,

I know Binair Options could be very emotional, but if you have a good money & risk management then your emotionals should be better.
    But what if you lose a trade? How do you react?

- Are you stop for the day?
    - Ore are you gonna continue trading till you have a win?
    - Will you be relaxed and you will continue the next day?
    - Ore maybe a bit angry, because you had a good analyse before you got into the trade and it went against you.

Kind Regards,

BSB Zen

I think this subject was already spoken about in another thread a short while ago. Maybe this one should be combined?

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ou-lose-trades
    Last edited by SeasaltMcFish; 05-04-2016 at 07:45 PM.

If you have a really bad OTM, it's always better to stop for the day and examine what went wrong with your analyses. Otherwise you might take higher risks in order to get back lost money which eventually leads to greater losses. Greed is a major problem when it comes to profit. You should never be angry with the markets. They are not against you. It is just that sometimes you did not understand what they meant. You should never ever trade when emotionally distracted, angry, frustrated, tired or any emotion different than calmness and good expectations.

Generally speaking: emotions + trading = failure in the long run

One needs to learn to keep emotions out of the game and follow strictly proper money management rules.

Well sayd Dan!👍

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    I think this subject was already spoken about in another thread a short while ago. Maybe this one should be combined?

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ou-lose-trades
    You explained well.We've been already discussed in this subject.

I think the best approach is to analyze the trade/mistakes.
    We have discussed this before in a another thread, so I will
    simply link to my article about keeping a diary that describes what
    approach I recommend!
    http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...ey-to-success/
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
    If you have a really bad OTM, it's always better to stop for the day and examine what went wrong with your analyses. Otherwise you might take higher risks in order to get back lost money which eventually leads to greater losses. Greed is a major problem when it comes to profit. You should never be angry with the markets. They are not against you. It is just that sometimes you did not understand what they meant. You should never ever trade when emotionally distracted, angry, frustrated, tired or any emotion different than calmness and good expectations.
    Yes, you are correct

I feel a little disappointment but mostly I don't notice too much... I tend to focus on making the next good trades, and keeping my long term win rate up near the 58% to 62% mark.

If the OTM trade is not big and if you have a plan with few more trades than it is ok to continue after having some small rest from the screen, but if you feel angry or experience other strong emotion than the only thing you should to is to close the trading platform and stay away from the market till next day. I had many bad outcomes due to revenge trading in the past, and it is probably the most serious error I've been doing ever. Now I am trying to never happen this thing again, and if you follow this simple rule the bottom line of your results will improve dramatically. We are emotional creatures so it is very difficult to trade without placing any emotions in our trades. However with longer term options it is much easier. You place it and forget, no emotions attached! That's why I am always recommending for newbie traders to start with weekly trades, and only after several weeks or even months to move to intra-day trading. I know nobody will follow this advice because everyone wants action and trill but at the end it all comes to our results not our entertainment
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

11. Thanks vulgartrendkill thanked this post