Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thomas C - Diary !!!

Diary opened:
    First attempt to use indicators and having a reason behind the trade. Employed RSI & MACD.
    BUY 1@$38 | CRUDE>45.50@2:30PM 5/3/16
    RSI: OVER SOLD MIDDAY ON THE 2ND; SHOWED UP TREND & PASSING 50
    MACD: BULLISH XING SIGNAL LINE

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	4446

Order was executed on: Mon May 02 22:43:59 EDT 2016

Why this expiry: I chose the 14:30 expiry because I hadn't had much success with short expiry trades (Japan225 20min). The longer expiry, I think, will have more time to make a profitable move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    5/3: Trade settled. Loss...
    Last edited by Thomas C; 05-03-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: trade result

2. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Your order was executed on: Tue May 03 22:03:02 EDT 2016.
    Trade Details:
    Contract: Crude Oil (Jun) >43.00 (2:30PM)
    Expiration: Wed May 04 14:30:00 EDT 2016
    Direction: SELL
    Quantity: 1
    Price: 66.00

Why this trade:
    Daily chart: MA 100 Uptrend is flattening. RSI down each day from 70+ on 4/28 to 57- today. MACD crossing signal bearish. Histogram falling.

Views:	76
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	4451

Hourly chart: MA 100 crested, now falling. RSI bouncing along the bottom; upticks are brief. MACD near to crossing signal bearish. Histogram falling.

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	4452

Hope I'm actually seeing what I'm talking about. Not very confident in reading this chart, but I won't learn by doing nothing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    5/4 12:30EST: After executing the trade the chart stopped fallingand went sideways. I feel like a support line... :/ There is still 2hrs to expiry.
    Last edited by Thomas C; 05-04-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Hey Thomas. Welcome to the diary thread!
    Did you watch my video on how to keep a diary?
    In that case, I hope you found it helpful.
    Your printscreens are very good, big, clear and everything is there!
    Also, seems like you have at least 3 reasons for your trades which is just
    the right minimum amount.
    Very good, step by step, try to start locating significant S/R areas.
    If you are not sure about how to draw those, please look on our YouTube channel
    and look at my examples of trades when I explain those things and also the price action playlist .
    Let me know when you struggle!
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

5. Thanks Thomas C thanked this post
    Hey Thomas! You started a great diary, keep posting, we will all follow with interest your trading ideas. What kind of platform are you using for trading and for these charts you present here?
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

7. Thanks Thomas C thanked this post
    THanks for posting, keep up the good work.

9. Thanks Thomas C thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Hey Thomas. Welcome to the diary thread! [...] seems like you have at least 3 reasons for your trades which is just the right minimum amount. Very good, step by step, try to start locating significant S/R areas. If you are not sure about how to draw those, please look on our YouTube channel and look at my examples of trades when I explain those things and also the price action playlist .
    Let me know when you struggle!
    Thanks Okane...
    I'm struggling, but not discouraged. See below "~~~~~". I understand that proficiency is something of an evolutionary process. I'll pop onto YouTube to catch your examples this week. So much to learn. But, I must confess, the "Aha!" moments are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hey Thomas! You started a great diary, keep posting, we will all follow with interest your trading ideas. What kind of platform are you using for trading and for these charts you present here?
    Thanks Kolyo...
    I will continue to post. Had tech problems since Thursday PM. See below "~~~~~". I am using the charts and tools that are native to the NADEX platform on nadex.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Thanks for posting, keep up the good work.
    Thanks Michael...
    I appreciate the encouragement. A question for you since you've been referred as BOTS' resident NADEX guy. Regarding the tools (MACD, RSI, MA, STOCH,etc.) and charts that are provided on the NADEX site? Are they good enough to give me good start? I have no exposure to other charting resources so far.

~~~~~~~
    Per the advice on the BOTS school articles. When you have a string of bad trades, walk away for a little bit and reassess. That's what happened in my first week of trading with indicators. When I came back to resume today. No internet. Router firmware issue. So as of Monday 8:30pm EST, the tech is fixed. Now, I need to figure out what is going on with the trade issues. I'll attack that tomorrow evening after work. Paper trade off the NADEX charts and post the entries and exits in the diary.

I was 0 for 7 last week on Crude Oil dailies (4 contracts) and 20min binaries (3 contracts) on the Japan225. On 5 of 7 trades, the market tracked as predicted. ITM till the last 2 hours on the Crude oil dailies and on the last 2 to 4 minutes of the 20min Japan225. It seems that as time approches expiry, price volitility increases. But, that is an effect on contract price only, right? Expiry should have no effect on the underlying market index, or am I wrong?

I've been reading the "Oil Patch" thread to gain insight or how you guys are seeing that market segment. Are there similar resources that would give insight on events and trends that effect the Japan225? Is the Japan225 and the Neikki225 the same thing? I am thinking so. A confimation would be helpful.

Tom
    Last edited by Thomas C; 05-10-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Thomas C - 1st win !!!

Your NADEX demo order has been executed
    Your order was executed on: Tue May 10 21:54:41 EDT 2016.

Trade Details:
    Contract: Japan 225 (Jun) >16605 (10PM)
    Expiration: Tue May 10 22:00:00 EDT 2016
    Direction: BUY
    Price: 56.00

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	4472

Views:	69
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	4471

I watched 3 charts (2m,5m & 15m) on this trade to see if I could make a prediction on price movement based on all 3 charts agreeing that STOCH indicated an oversold or overbought condition. I waited till I could enter the trade ATM on the last 5 minutes of a 20min Japan225 20 minute binary. All agreed oversold. Price moved up. Chart is 30 pips over my entry, 2mins to go. It retraced all the way back to 16605 in the next 75 secs. But in the end it expired as a win (my 1st). Perhaps my MA50 in was giving me a contrary signal to the STOCH indicators I was focused on. Anyhow, I'm up $44 in the trade. More tomorrow. Read & practice.
    Last edited by Thomas C; 05-11-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Back on May 9, "FinalSignals" posted in the Oil patch:
    Oil has entered resistance zone and it will probably result in a ranging market. Support starts at 42.50, followed by 42.00, 41.50 and 41.00. There are more roadblocks downwards, but I assume the fall will stop at around one of the above mentioned levels. Resistance is now at 46.00
    Looking at the 4H chart since late April, that range 43.5 to 46.0 seems to be holding.

Name:	CaptureA.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	4482

On KDJ, the J was in overbought territory and still moving up. The chart was at 46.0 which is the top of the R/S boundaries (per FinalSignals assessment). I anticipate a down turn. K ,D & J are all up in oversold territory. I'm looking at that as a confirmation of the 46.0 resistance line and looking forward to the downward turn that I anticipate. We'll see.

Expired OTM. Maybe I am a support line.
    What I believed was R1 morphed. The chart did turn ITM late morning to about 1pm, then disappointed me after that.

Name:	Capture20160512a.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	4492

Learn more and keep practicing.
    Last edited by Thomas C; 05-12-2016 at 07:14 PM.

2nd Win !!!

Your order was executed on: Thu May 12 23:35:49 EDT 2016.
    Trade Details:
    Contract: Crude Oil (Jun) >45.50 (2:30PM)
    Expiration: Fri May 13 14:30:00 EDT 2016
    Direction: BUY
    Price: 79.25

Settlement Details:
    Contract: Crude Oil (Jun) >45.50 (2:30PM)
    Expiration Value: 46.220
    Payout Amount: $100

ITM: $20.25