Thread: hello!

hello! !!!

Hello all!
    my name is dreveltje,
    i am a total newby on BO,and i am trying to understand what it is all about.
    i have zero experience with what all you guys are talking about,and got into BO because i red something about it,and after some googling i came across a site where i started a demo account,and i started trading...
    in just 2 weeks,i had made so much profit,that i was already thinking that i would get rich!
    i went from 1000 to 89000!
    then i opened a account on 24 option,and made my deposit,and started trading on my demo account.
    well.. i learned that what i was doing was nice,but i lost almost all my trades.
    i found out that trading is not easy,and for sure not fast!
    but like the most of you,i was infected with the BO infection,and now i am studying and reading and searching and trying to figure out where to look,and how to use all the tools available.
    this website helps me a lot!
    i have a busy job,3 kids and a wife,so after 10 hours work,cooking and cleaning,i start studying later in the evening,but by that time i am not so fresh so it will take me some time i guess to learn.
    so in future i will read a lot,and not talk so much..
    thank you for this great website,and all the shared info!
    greetings dreveltje

Hi Dreveltje,
    Welcome to CommuniTraders!
    Yes live trading is not that easy compared to demo but since you made lots of demo money, I guess that you have skills but have a bit of "stage fright". Don't worry cause many of us have it too
    Maybe gaining more trading education and experience can sort that out. You can also start your trading diary so we can all see your progress and give advice if you need them.
    Good luck and happy trading!
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

thanks Ronnel.
    the skills i had with that demo site are useless.
    by now i am looking at the candlesticks,and try to see what happens.
    i have metatrader installed,and i am testing the rainbow indicators.
    have to get used to the candlesticks.. they are much better then a single line,but takes some practise.
    if i get more educated,i will start a diary.. at this time it is to early.
    have a nice weekend!

Hello Develtje!

Welcome to CommuniTraders.You've chosen top rated broker.Good for you.Keep trading and updates us.Candlestick is fine trading tools for trading.

It is nice you'll start your trading dairy here.

Happy trading!

Welcome to our Community! It's good that you already made some experience with a demo account. It is always a little different than real trading, but after a while you'll get to improve in both. 24Options is a great respected broker, so kudos for investing there. Lot's of newbies fall for some scam brokers at first. If you don't have a lot of time to learn, start a journey so you can keep track of what you've learned and how you applied it in your demo account - ITMs, OTMs, your analyses and what you learned from the outcome. Take care and keep us updated!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by develtje View Post
    thanks Ronnel.
    the skills i had with that demo site are useless.
    by now i am looking at the candlesticks,and try to see what happens.
    i have metatrader installed,and i am testing the rainbow indicators.
    have to get used to the candlesticks.. they are much better then a single line,but takes some practise.
    if i get more educated,i will start a diary.. at this time it is to early.
    have a nice weekend!

I think any skills learned is a plus for your trading arsenal. I remember that I hunted for weird and nearly useless strategies just to study them because I had so much fun detecting their flaws which led me to analyze the charts more. Actually I'm thankful that I took the time to learn crappy strategies which taught me to trust my skills more because they just don't work, lol!
    You can't go wrong with candlesticks. I love using candlesticks too but I really can't say that candlesticks are better than the single Line Chart because they are both my 2 favorite. If you've seen my charts that I use now, you'll probably laugh at me because I often just use a Line Chart for trading and nothing else, lol. Candlesticks and line chart both have their pros and cons. For me, candlesticks are exact but line chart is just sooooooo easy to use (as long as one knows how to properly use it). Often I just combine both to get the most out of the two.
    More power to your studies!
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Hi Dreveltje,

Welcome and i wish you a happy trading!

Greets,

BSB Zen