Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member NewToThisWantToLearn's Avatar

Hello from bonnie Scotland !!!

Hi.

I'm a newbie with no prior experience in any form of trading. I started working my way through the BOTS school a couple of months ago. I think I made it to the end of the college section before joining CommuniTraders last month. I have made quite a few trades now, playing around with various strategies, trying to find a system that will work for me and watching my winning ratio take a hit. I have recently been making more effort to understand price action and it has made a big difference to my ratio, pulling it back to almost 60%, although I had a bad trading day today so I thought I'd stop looking at charts and finally introduce myself.

I have a wee holiday coming up but hope to sign up to a broker when I get back and start some live trading (after trying their demo account first to get a feel for it).

I think this is an excellent site. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Hey! Welcome, I remember your nick name... from somewhere :P.
    Maybe another thread.
    Anyway, price action you say! Well that's my area!
    In my opinion, this is what price action is: all explained in this video
    What is Price Action and how to learn it
    I only bring up what you need to know in the video but if you master those subjects
    then you are pretty much a price action trader
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hi Okane

Thanks and yes, I've already watched several of your videos, including this one. Very helpful. It's those principles that I have been applying this last week and I've started to turn my winning ratio around. Hopefully I can continue to improve.

Thanks again

Hi,

Welcome!

I wanna wish you a happy trading!

Greets,

BSB Zen

Thanks BSB Zen.

Wishing you every success.

6. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Hello Bonnie!

Welcome to Communitraders. Tou can join our skype group We share all our trading experience. You can start bots school reading and test CT demo account. As Okane said you can watch video in Youtube channel CommuniTradersLive. Here is link below

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRE...nxRyeUfp9f5Rjg

Welcome aboard! I've been following your shared signals, first of all - very nice sharing!! With titles and descriptions, you really make my day as it's the whole purpose of sharing!

Happy to see you've decided to introduce yourself, and see you around!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Thanks Milos and Martin. Yes Martin, I try to share as many of the15 miminutes and over as possible and will continue to do so. It's good to share as they say.

10. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Hi Welcome to CommuniTraders!

Nice to know that you are studying price action. Price Action though it may sound simple is really quite deep. There are lots of ways how to use PA and just like any strategy, you just have to find what PA style suits you best. One popularly used PA is using Price with Support and Resistance (with or without indicators), Another is using patterns, formation, slopes angles and turns. Another is momentum PA or using the strength of Price and just trade with it's momentum shooting like a rocket. Another but least popular is done purely by following Price. There are lots of ways and different techniques used but I think these are the main if we sub-divided PA (based only on my observation).

For me I'm a naked trader, meaning that I don't use indicator and this leaves me only with "Price" I use all of the above techniques but my favorite is the least popular which is just by following Price. If I see price going down, I trade LOW. If it's going up, I trade HIGH. If the trend is going up, I just wait for Price to re-trace and I trade High and the reverse for down trend. If I see consolidation I just wait for the breakout. Very simple and easy

I hope that you find which PA technique that will work for you.

Here is a view of my charts to give you an idea of how I trade Price. I've included 3 of my favorite setup plus-minus some lines that I use. My favorite among the 3 is Line Chart because it's the easiest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 2.23.28 AM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	4429
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Hey Bonnie,

Welcome to CommuniTraders! It is great you finally have the time to make your short presentation here
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder