Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello... goodbye? !!!

Got into binary trading when an apparently malfunctioning website linked to this trading bot that -- well, you've probably seen the videos (I was sent e-mails for many later) -- but it seemed new to me, something special. Millionaire trader just wanting to help out poor people, spent vast sums of money perfecting this software with a team of experts, yada yada. And FREE! Oh, but one little thing: had to fund an account to start with. $250 (I think I put in $300 for good measure) to Binary Book (which later denied any association). Well, surprise, surprise, it wasn't all that long afterwards that my account was down to about $140 and it automatically shut down. I withdrew my money and figured I'd learned my lesson. Awhile later a rep from Binary Book called and asked what happened, gave the aforementioned denial, and suggested trying again with their human assistance, training, and a no-risk trade and a bonus. Well, that sounded very nice, and after all, they had let me withdraw all my money earlier (after I faxed some documents to prove I wasn't laundering money, of course -- I wish brokers would ask for this stuff BEFORE taking people's money -- Porter Finance is being very fussy about what they accept as proof of physical residence address, but that's another story). So, more money to re-open the account. I did get several brief personal training sessions which included a whirlwind round of trading, 6 regular binary trades in 10 minutes or less, as I recall. All but one of them finished ITM, so I was happy with that. I think we had a "long-term" trade of several hundred dollars turn a profit, too. I figured since I was still learning, I would stick to playing with $5 "turbo" trading, 2-3 minutes generally, when not being advised. Oh, I also found out what the standard policy with these brokers is concerning bonuses -- that money is still theirs until you trade 30 times that much, or more. Then I got a call saying they noticed I was doing that and would have a guy who could help me call. Well, turned out the guy wasn't at all interested in helping me with what I was doing, he talked me into borrowing much more money than I had before. After all, it was earnings season! Now was the time of sure things and big bucks to be made. Okay, so they had shown their expertise, this could be a good opportunity, so I maxed out a credit card to give him more room to work. And indeed, he about doubled that amount (on a Call on Citigroup before their announcement). Yay, now let's just work with the profits, right? Oh, no -- the next call or two was all about borrowing even MORE money, getting a loan off my home or car, so he could REALLY trade properly. Well, I wasn't having any of that. Too bad I wasn't as recalcitrant with the next trades he made, which seemed much too large. Maybe I felt bad for giving him a hard time earlier. Well, one was a call on Apple and you may have noticed how disappointing their big announcement was. Hey, what happened to all those other bank announcements he had told me about? The other was a PUT on oil because it looked like nobody was going to agree to production caps. Have you seen the way oil has been going uP? Just today I got a call from a different guy at binary book. He wanted to help, too. How about another bonus? No? Oh, how about starting a new account so I could withdraw the money. Another account? But that would mean putting in more money, right? Well, yes, but (yada yada, f-bomb...) Goodbye.

I've looked into getting signals, finding a binary bot that really does work -- everything takes opening up a new account, who knows if it will really work or not, I don't trust anybody or anything anymore. They all just want my money. Well, there was that one signals offer of a 14 day trial for $14 (dailybinaryalerts.com)... I wonder if you can really just quit if it isn't working. And would it really be worth almost $100 each month? Even here, the "live signals" just seem to be a variation of the "spot follow" option on binary book (had good luck with a trial earlier, doesn't seem to be doing any good currently) and again, have to open a new account...

So, I've pretty much given up on getting any money out of trading. I keep playing with it, mostly as a personal challenge, trying to develop the patience and discipline to stick to my own rules, plan, and strategy. I think finding out how impulsive I can be is a bigger disappointment than losing all that money. Maybe if I can train myself to behave, I can get something out of this.

your long detailed post really shows your feelings. And completely understand where you're coming from. Your'e not the first, certainly not the last person to got "scammed" by fake signal providers/autotraders. BinaryBook was found very mediocre by our team. not the broker you want to trade with. Your first step would be to find a broker of reliable structure. Unless you're based in the USA, you've enough options to begin with. Second, stop following the robots. Most of them aren't any good. You can find signals right here on Live Signals tab, and copy your favorite traders. The only difference between our signals and the "spot follow" option is the authenticity of the signals. We have no bots to create signals. All signals providers by community members, with transparent profiles and trading history you should check before copying a signals. You can either copy the signals directly into the stockpair account, or manually copy by trading the same assets and expiry at your broker's platform.

Bottom line, copying signals is NOT for the long run. As you said, you had goodluck in the beginning, and now your account is not doing well. Even when copying, you should think for yourself- is that the right move? Many traders have specific assets and expiries they trade better. It's important to gain specialization for the long run. It's important to learn to trade on your own. This is the reason we've created this forum and I hope with a little guidance your can become a break even and later a profitable trader.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

3. Thanks StumbleTraderDB thanked this post
    If you keep spending money on signals and robots
    or trade with bad brokers you will soon have to sell your house too.

As far as I know, about 99,99% of us here in this forum trade for ourselves!
    Take a look into the trading diaries of people in the members war room.
    Check out for example the following:

Nimz diary
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ing-Diary-Nimz

My diary:
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Trading-diary

Madhawa's
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Trading-Diary!

Nilles diary:
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Nille-s-Diary

See how all (including myself) started with no clue, then started learning
    and you can see the development. It's easy for me to say it's doable
    and that learning can help people make money but it's better for you to learn
    to do your own research, so go and spend some time reading those diaries
    and have your own opinion.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

5. Thanks StumbleTraderDB thanked this post
    Thanks! I'm pretty much stuck with BinaryBook now. They did have a trainer tell me about using NetDania for charts. While all that other stuff was going on, I've been studying articles (I've heard a lot of brokers have the same stuff that BinaryBook does, and that little course does provide some good advice for beginners, such as staying away from the field if you're a gambler (unless you enjoy losing money trading as well as gambling)and cautious money management. That's why I figured if they told me to place a really large percentage in a trade, they must have really good reason to believe it would work. Also, I have been practicing with $5 turbo trading. Probably tougher than regular binary trading, but I was able to place a lot of trades and see what happened (and I think it helps to use real money) without losing a lot.

BTW, are there people who sign up BEFORE they get into real trading? That would be wise. Too late for me, but a discussion of brokers would be good. Actually, if this works out and I start making money, I may open up another account or two. I just read an article saying it's a good idea to have several accounts. I've got a small one on Porter Finance and if I get my credit cards paid off and can afford another $300 account, I'd probably link up with Ayrex or Stockpair here.

I haven't paid for a 'bot or signals, but the "free" ones require opening up a new account. My Porter account was so I could get signals from SignalsBinary. The first day I used them SIX out of SEVEN were bad trades! To be fair, I hadn't done it right, but it was a bad day anyway. I softened the blow a bit by using the double up option on the good one. Yesterday was better but I still made a couple novice mistakes. Today I did it right (mostly) and almost all of my trades finished ITM. Last night I finished with just under $400 and now it is $451. Small potatoes, maybe, but going in the right direction and as I get more experience and (I hope) more money, I can increase the size of my trades without increasing risk. The $200 Porter Finance account had gone down below $100, but now it is $110.

I hear there will be a lot of action tomorrow. Could be tricky but maybe there will be some good opportunities.

Well, you see, you have spent money registering with
    bad brokers and garbage signal services. Not just a waste of money but
    even a major waste of your time. So was it really free? Nah, don't think so.
    Anyway, what's done is done. Now you come to the right place, so start taking advantage
    of what we share here and start learning. You saw the diaries, see how hard work
    leads to earnings!

I will agree with the advice already given here, but not repeat it as I think it is spot on. What I would like to add is this: Start to learn price action. It sounds daunting (and to be honest it is), but once you can start to "read" the charts in some way, you will see that your wins start to increase. Start to draw support/resistance.Use the demo trade on this site to practice with no risk, and study hard.

Overall, we are, pro and newbie alike, here to help, support each other and resist dodgy trade strategies and brokers.

Welcome to BOTS!!!!

QUOTE=vulgartrendkill;63106]I will agree with the advice already given here, but not repeat it as I think it is spot on. What I would like to add is this: Start to learn price action. It sounds daunting (and to be honest it is), but once you can start to "read" the charts in some way, you will see that your wins start to increase. Start to draw support/resistance.Use the demo trade on this site to practice with no risk, and study hard.

Overall, we are, pro and newbie alike, here to help, support each other and resist dodgy trade strategies and brokers.

Welcome to BOTS!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, price action is the only thing that works.
    If anyone new reading this and thinks "what the hell is Price Action"?
    We have a few articles about at and I have made several videos using PA
    and teaching PA. In this video here I talk about "what price action is and how to learn it

10. Thanks vulgartrendkill, StumbleTraderDB thanked this post
    Welcome to bots trading community.
    Last edited by milos; 05-06-2016 at 04:20 PM.

12. Thanks StumbleTraderDB thanked this post
    well, welcome, hope you have better luck in the future...

14. Thanks StumbleTraderDB thanked this post
    Binary Book is garbage, in my opinion, but I hope you continue to win and that they pay you when the time comes.

16. Thanks StumbleTraderDB thanked this post