Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member Key West Conch Daddy's Avatar

scalping nadex 20 min binary's !!!

Hello all, Very new to participating in forums bear with me and my horrible spelling im a sad result of 1960's public education. Ive been practicing with Nadex demo since early Nov and have finally been pretty successful developing a strategy my problem is i win about 80-88% of my trades but when i lose its enough to wipe out all i gained during the day does anyone have a method of stop loss with nadex that wont stop you out on the whipsaws that we deal with? I wish nadex would develope a real stop loss ticket like other equity brokers have specially like a trailing stop for us daily scalpers. I place about 20-30 trades a day any suggestions would be nice!! Thank you all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Conch Daddy View Post
    Hello all, Very new to participating in forums bear with me and my horrible spelling im a sad result of 1960's public education. Ive been practicing with Nadex demo since early Nov and have finally been pretty successful developing a strategy my problem is i win about 80-88% of my trades but when i lose its enough to wipe out all i gained during the day does anyone have a method of stop loss with nadex that wont stop you out on the whipsaws that we deal with? I wish nadex would develope a real stop loss ticket like other equity brokers have specially like a trailing stop for us daily scalpers. I place about 20-30 trades a day any suggestions would be nice!! Thank you all !!!
    If you are winning 80% of your trades why is are the few trades you lose wiping you out? do you use a money management system or position sizing?

quick question, what is your average return on NADEX 20 min options.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    quick question, what is your average return on NADEX 20 min options.
    I play the (wall 30) 20 min binaries, and most of time 5 contracts at a time taking early profits of $35-$65 sometimes going to expiry(some times winning 15 in a row then i will get whipsawed on #16 so quick not enough time to cut losses before it seems to slip into -$200- $300 bringing me back to where i started. Nadex doesnt have a trailing stop to use to at least lock in profit(and im sure you know how fast you can jump into negative ground on Binaries

Are you using some kind of Martingale progression?

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Are you using some kind of Martingale progression?
    No simple MACD cross with confirmation of trend on 3 different time scale charts and one other special positioning play ( i dont need help with accurate forecast i need a way to bail quickly when it goes the other way 20% of the time to lose less its the big losses that have brought me back to break even as i mentioned before nadex has no trailing stop were i could lock in on and protect my upside

In my opinion the problem with your strategy is that you make early closure of most if not all of your wining trades. You don’t wait till their expiration but close them immediately when they are in profit thus diminishing the return and exposing to a greater risk of loses if the trade goes against you. I am pretty sure you can improve if you allow your wining trades to stay till expiration and give you higher return on the capital risked. If your strategy is good you can become profitable simply by doing this one thing.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Conch Daddy View Post
    I play the (wall 30) 20 min binaries, and most of time 5 contracts at a time taking early profits of $35-$65 sometimes going to expiry(some times winning 15 in a row then i will get whipsawed on #16 so quick not enough time to cut losses before it seems to slip into -$200- $300 bringing me back to where i started. Nadex doesnt have a trailing stop to use to at least lock in profit(and im sure you know how fast you can jump into negative ground on Binaries
    I still not clear how you lose so much money with only one trade, I need to understand if I'm going to offer any useful advice.... are you saying that with 5 contracts you only make $35 or $65? As in $7 to $10 per contract? And then you hold the losing position until expiry and it losses $40 to $50 per contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    In my opinion the problem with your strategy is that you make early closure of most if not all of your wining trades. You don’t wait till their expiration but close them immediately when they are in profit thus diminishing the return and exposing to a greater risk of loses if the trade goes against you. I am pretty sure you can improve if you allow your wining trades to stay till expiration and give you higher return on the capital risked. If your strategy is good you can become profitable simply by doing this one thing.
    that what it sounds like to me too.... and that ConchDaddy should be as quick to close a loser as he is to close a winner...

thank you alot of times i do wait if im deep in the zone without fear of whipsaw