Hello from Atlanta, Georgia USA. !!!

First, let me say thanks to the folks at BOTS.com. I've always believed that the best place to begin is at the beginning. It is rather frustrating and, to say the least, a huge challenge to figure out where to begin learning about trading binary options by sifting through a bunch of YouTube videos. In contrast, it's very encouraging to see that the beginning is well-defined at BOTS. As I have been reading through the preschool section, and now halfway through primary school, I feel like I have a chance of actually learning the language and the skills of trading.

About me: For the last 24 years, I have been a mechanical drafter. I am about six years away from retirement. So I'm looking to build something of a "second career". I have a demo account on NADEX and look forward to getting my feet wet on the demo account soon. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who wishes to reply, I believe that the trading skills taught here are transferable regardless of the broker that you are using. That being said, if any of you "more experienced folks" are currently working on NADEX, I would surely appreciate a shout back.

Although my login name says Thomas, my friends call me Tom, so please feel free.

I wish you, and me, all the best. Tom

Hi Thomas, welcome to BOTS.

Welcome to CommuniTraders Thomas!
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Welcome aboard Tom!

First, thank you for your kind words.
    Second, we have Michael Hodges around, look for him he's our NADEX pro. Im sure he's be happy to assist you.

See you around!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hi Thomas!

Welcome to the bots trading community.

Hey Tom, welcome aboard.

NADEX is great, I love it. Be careful with your demo account, it only lasts two weeks. Other than that my best tip for trading there is to target At The MOney strike prices, this mimics spot binary the closest and provides returns in the range of 85% to 100% on winning trades. Also, don't let losers run out till expiry, close those positions and recoup whatever money you can.....

let me know if you have any questions.

this is the link to our NADEX Thread, it's where to ask questions and find other traders using the platform.

Welcome to CommuniTraders Tom!

I am sure you can learn the basics of binary options trading step by step and improve your knowledge to level where you can start a trading career. It will take lots of efforts but if you like trading you will succeed
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thank you all for the kind welcome, particularly to Martin, Michael and Kolyo for the feedback.

To Michael, Thanks for the "heads up" re: NADEX. I will heed your advice ... as soon as I understand what it is that you said. And I will understand it, sooner than later.

Kolyo's advice is key. Start with the basics; move step by step; improve your knowledge level (I would add "daily" to that); and, finally, make a consistent effort.

I know that being consistent on new adventures such as this is tremendously important. I have picked a path. Now I will stick to the path. It is inevitable that I will occasionally feel like blowing off my reading time at the computer and watch reruns of "Hercule Poirot". That's why one of my good friends has agreed to be an accountability partner for me. I email him reading reports on what I'm learning at BOTS every 3 days or so. If I fail to keep him informed, I have given him permission to kick my butt across the church parking lot when I see him each Sunday. So far my derriere has met no abuse. BOTS 1st! Poirot 2nd!
    Last edited by Thomas C; 04-22-2016 at 01:13 AM. Reason: I had more to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Hey Tom, welcome aboard.

NADEX is great, I love it. Be careful with your demo account, it only lasts two weeks. Other than that my best tip for trading there is to target At The MOney strike prices, this mimics spot binary the closest and provides returns in the range of 85% to 100% on winning trades. Also, don't let losers run out till expiry, close those positions and recoup whatever money you can.....

let me know if you have any questions. .
    Thanks Michael. I'm certain I will have questions for you. Just need to figure out which ones to ask first. I have some good news on an update from the NADEX team. I checked with NADEX about the expiration of DEMO accounts. Asked them if the DEMO was still limited to two weeks. They replied:

All demo accounts created after December 2015 are now permanent.
    Nadex Team
    CASENUMBER:11073669
    AGENTID:1417150545

Hope you find this info useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas C View Post
    Thanks Michael. I'm certain I will have questions for you. Just need to figure out which ones to ask first. I have some good news on an update from the NADEX team. I checked with NADEX about the expiration of DEMO accounts. Asked them if the DEMO was still limited to two weeks. They replied:

All demo accounts created after December 2015 are now permanent.
    Nadex Team
    CASENUMBER:11073669
    AGENTID:1417150545

Hope you find this info useful.
    that's fantastic!