Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How often is too often? (trading frequency) !!!

hey there,

So I`ve had a demo account for a little while now, and from my perspective, when I spot a potential entry via indicators and candles analysis I will go for it. To me, getting a consistently good strategy or strategies, is key.

Thing is, I`m doing upwards of 40 trades a day, and I have read that it is best to trade with Demo as if it is your own money.

Am I trading too often? or should I continue testing using different strategies on demo accounts?

Thanks,

Mat
    Last edited by vulgartrendkill; 04-13-2016 at 06:04 PM.

I think that you can do as much trades as you need until you establish your good strategy and from than on you can treat your demo account as if it's real. Thus you'll have a better statistical data for different strategies to make your choice easy.

Quote Originally Posted by vulgartrendkill View Post
    hey there,

So I`ve had a demo account for a little while now, and from my perspective, when I spot a potential entry via indicators and candles analysis I will go for it. To me, getting a consistently good strategy or strategies, is key.

Thing is, I`m doing upwards of 40 trades a day, and I have read that it is best to trade with Demo as if it is your own money.

Am I trading too often? or should I continue testing using different strategies on demo accounts?

Thanks,

Mat
    If your strategy rules has been met, I believe that you can demo or paper trade as much as you want per day. The more you practice, the more experience you gain and the more you'll learn and understand how your strategy works. Also keep notice on your high probability, medium probability and low probability trades. Remember what circumstances made you the most ITMs and the least and use that info for your advantage.

About 40, I do more

About strategies, yes you can try different strategies but once you got your money maker, my advice is to stick with it.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

hey there,

Thanks,

Mat

The more you trade the more experience you will get. Just keep it up until you are confident with the strategy

hey there,

Thanks,

Mat

Hello Mat!

Keep trading and practice. You can try CT demo account and trade as you wish.

Happy trading!

I am trading on that at the moment. Have a look at my stats. I'm doing OK. I think. Have signed up with ayrex also. That 5 min trade is a very tempting offer.

As long as you are ITM and the demo account balance grows I would say trade as much as you want. Personally, I only do about 10-15 real trades per day and about 25 on demo accounts. Perhaps a bit too conservative but I took some heavy losses last summer getting greedy with real money. My wife thinks I just like to trade too much. It doesn't hurt to make sure your strategy continues to work so that you don't make mistakes with real money.

I guess it all depends on what type of personality you are. I dont trade more than 5-6 times per day but hey, i would never say that a guy who trades 40 times is wrong. After all, like Ronnel said, if your rules are met, why not place the trade
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

My opinion is at list 55-60% success rate is the lowest profit rate. Below 55% success rate you're in loss zone.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    My opinion is at list 55-60% success rate is the lowest profit rate. Below 55% success rate you're in loss zone.
    Agreed, however success comes with hard work so keep practicing demo irrespective of the fact that it seems very tiring job.