Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Sloth Strategy - Slow And Steady Wins The Race !!!

This is another handy little strategy from our friend Bogdan. Like most of his strategies it is fairly simple, and fairly accurate. The only problem, and one he points out himself, is that moving averages can be a slow way to get signals. The good news is that once the moving average tells you its time to trade there are usually a number of signals fired off in a row. This strat uses 2 weighted moving averages along with stochastic, when the moving averages indicate a trend in progress the stochastic is used for trend following entry.

The Sloth Strategy, Slow and Steady Wins The Race

Additional Reading

Simple Moving Average Strategy

Stochastic, Get Your XRay Glasses On

Thanks M. I almost forgot about this one :P
    If guys follow the Tips For Increased Accuracy available in the article, they will probably get... increased accuracy
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Nice one! Maybe good to combine Forex and BO with this one.

Could be useful as a confirmation to a shorter time frame.

Thank you for sharing. I will give this a try. It's nearly the same strategy as I was using but with more simplicity and probably more accuracy too.

I like simplicity!

I'm finding it hard at the moment to bring what I can do on the forex chart (demo) into the binay options chart.
    I have been reading signals on a 15 minute chart but get confised in my head. Should I open a trade for 15 minutes. Shall I do it for 10 or 5 minutes or shall I go longer term.
    Thats the battle I am having at the moment trying to nail this.

Using sloth indicators im going to watch 15m charts and place 15m trades and see how it goes
    Last edited by Schizz; 04-13-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    Schizz - Away - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    If guys follow the Tips For Increased Accuracy available in the article, they will probably get... increased accuracy
    I know, I found it by accident,;-)

Useful trading strategy.What time frame expiry can be used by the sloth strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Hey Bogdan, did you ever use this strategy used in combination with the Ichimoku kinko hyo (prob spelled that wrong) using the 1st and 2nd support/resistance lines as possible trade entry points?
    (removing everything from the indicator but the lines for support/resistance)

I am testing it combining those two now and am really loving the accuracy of the signals
    Last edited by Schizz; 04-13-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    Schizz - Away - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Schizz View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I will give this a try. It's nearly the same strategy as I was using but with more simplicity and probably more accuracy too.

I like simplicity!

I'm finding it hard at the moment to bring what I can do on the forex chart (demo) into the binay options chart.
    I have been reading signals on a 15 minute chart but get confised in my head. Should I open a trade for 15 minutes. Shall I do it for 10 or 5 minutes or shall I go longer term.
    Thats the battle I am having at the moment trying to nail this.

Using sloth indicators im going to watch 15m charts and place 15m trades and see how it goes
    If u are trading on the 15 min chart, then each candle is completed in 15 minutes of course. So ask yourself this: will my strategy/signal work in my favor right from the next candle? In other words: will price go where I think it will go right now or will it take more than one candle. I personally think that trying to guess the next candle is tougher than using a 3,4,5 candle expiry time. On the other hand, if the market is on a strong run, then you want your trade to have a short expiry.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Rookie Member
    Thanks for method. Can you tell me please what time interval do you use for this method?

Quote Originally Posted by counter888 View Post
    Thanks for method. Can you tell me please what time interval do you use for this method?
    I saw M5 charts. I suppose it can be used 15-30 minutes time frame expiry

http://prntscr.com/g2whe3