Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something really weird about Stockpair !!!

I recently switched broker from option24 to Stockpair.
    First i registered, but didn't fund the account yet.
    What followed were 5 or 6 phonecalls from an account manager to push me into funding.
    I finally did, also based on positive feedback I received via BOTS.

Next, I get a phonecall from a lady who talked a lot, but said very little.
    Her main point seemed to be to discourage me to take the 100% bonus which they offered me on signup.
    She called at a bad moment, so I mentioned I would think about it and get back to her.
    Then, a couple days later, I tried to get back in touch: no response, and total silence even after 3 messages in five days.

But then: today I was on the Stockpair platform, considering a pair trade Aegon/ING, both listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
    On one screen I had the Stockpair data, and on another the live streaming data for both stocks from the Dutch Financial Times platform, which is very accurate.
    And I noticed that the performance of both stocks in terms of %up/down was exactly opposite on both platforms.
    Where AEGON was clearly winning from ING on the Live stream of the Dutch Stock Exchange, AEGON was the losing party on the Stockpair platform, consistently.

Made me feel really puzzeled and funny.
    Can't explain it. Can any of you?

I decided to withdraw my funds from Stockpair, immediately.
    I am irritated by all this.

Here are some screenshots with the strange opposite performance of AEGON and ING on Stockpair and on the Financial times.
    I hope this works....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermopname (58).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	4326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermopname (59).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	4327

In the meantime, Stockpair's Mr. Thomas Miller called me on the phone.
    I must say I am quite impressed with how Mr. Miller handled this issue. Sympathetic and convincing.
    I still have an issue with the pairs trading, apparently it has to do something with the algorythms ......?
    Oh well, so we learn Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Willem4BO View Post
    I must say I am quite impressed with how Mr. Miller handled this issue. Sympathetic and convincing.
    I still have an issue with the pairs trading, apparently it has to do something with the algorythms ......?
    pairs trading is weird, I think maybe you should avoid that and trade forex or indices, better signals and easier to read...

5. Thanks Willem4BO thanked this post
    Stockpair is moving away from regulation to unregulated model I heard is this right? Why are they doing this? I suppose to grow quicker so fiar to them.

Quote Originally Posted by panosandy View Post
    Stockpair is moving away from regulation to unregulated model I heard is this right? Why are they doing this? I suppose to grow quicker so fiar to them.
    I wonder why you say that
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Im happy to see Stockpair trying to make things right. One thing I always appreciated about SP is their non-pressuring attitude. Lately I see some clients complain regarding sales, I sure hope they'll not choose to go that way
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I simply stated to them not to call me for sales talk and they don't call indeed.

No complaints by me.

I recently switched broker from option24 to Stockpair.
    First i registered, but didn't fund the account yet.
    What followed were 5 or 6 phonecalls from an account manager to push me into funding.
    I finally did, also based on positive feedback I received via BOTS.

Next, I get a phonecall from a lady who talked a lot, but said very little.
    Her main point seemed to be to discourage me to take the 100% bonus which they offered me on signup.
    She called at a bad moment, so I mentioned I would think about it and get back to her.
    Then, a couple days later, I tried to get back in touch: no response, and total silence even after 3 messages in five days.

But then: today I was on the Stockpair platform, considering a pair trade Aegon/ING, both listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
    On one screen I had the Stockpair data, and on another the live streaming data for both stocks from the Dutch Financial Times platform, which is very accurate.
    And I noticed that the performance of both stocks in terms of %up/down was exactly opposite on both platforms.
    Where AEGON was clearly winning from ING on the Live stream of the Dutch Stock Exchange, AEGON was the losing party on the Stockpair platform, consistently.

Made me feel really puzzeled and funny.
    Can't explain it. Can any of you?

I decided to withdraw my funds from Stockpair, immediately.
    I am irritated by all this.
    Same problem - and not really funny! Also I discovered, that about 80% of my 5 min trades started with a 50-100 pips doen, what can be lot to
    make up in a short time trade. With my new, registered Dutch Broker I get accurate ordered trades - with a nice Bonus system, a lower win percentage(!) - but accurate! And - this broker handels ATM as ATM, not like Stockpair`s extra moneymaker: OTM! ST. "promised " me a nonsense Bonus of 250€ for my first depost: had to be fullfilled within 6 weeks - 40x 250% or 500x 20€ (minimum trade)
    Not taking in account rules of money management of BOTS school: don`t trade more than 3-4% of your deposit.
    I`ve been promised 1000€ risk free trades by depositing another 250. Never got it. Nor did I recieve my special Chritmas Bonus. Instead I became a Silver Member, and was promised a pay back of a ridiculous 1/2% of my monthly losses - if being higher than 10K! I never saw my promised Demo. But I recieved a whole series of intrusive tel. calls which should have convinced me to deposit more money. I finished my co-operation instead and propose, that the Stockpair recommendation recieve some questionmarks. modena

Hey Willem4BO.
    This room is for trading journals, we already
    have a room dedicated to broker discussions, hence I will move this thread there.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content