Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from the u.k !!!

Hi guys. I'm john from the uk and I've been trading for 2 weeks using my phone and tablet. (Big no no) because the lag is about 30 seconds at best on the go binary247 platform, so I've decided I need to purchase a pc for myself as soon as I make some money from trading (here lies the paradox). Anyhow I'm hoping to pick up some tips and hopefully be able to do the same in the future for others to be successful at trading.

Welcome to CommuniTraders.

thanks milos!

Hi Johnreid888,

Welcome to CommuniTraders! Better to buy a second hand PC and prepare your trading setup. Trading from phone or tablet can be fun, but not the best option for a newbie trader.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thanks Kolyo. I'm on the case looking for a decent laptop that's affordable for me at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnreid888 View Post
    Thanks Kolyo. I'm on the case looking for a decent laptop that's affordable for me at this time.
    Yeah, for sure, and you may be able to find a cheap set up to get started with, you don't need anything fancy so long as you can connect to the internet with reliability.

PS. Welcome aboard! Don't hesitate to ask any questions and take some time to develop strategy/money management. It will help you afford a slick trade station set up. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnreid888 View Post
    Hi guys. I'm john from the uk and I've been trading for 2 weeks using my phone and tablet. (Big no no) because the lag is about 30 seconds at best on the go binary247 platform, so I've decided I need to purchase a pc for myself as soon as I make some money from trading (here lies the paradox). Anyhow I'm hoping to pick up some tips and hopefully be able to do the same in the future for others to be successful at trading.
    Hi Johnreid888!
    Welcome to CommuniTraders!

About laptops, the lowest that I've tried is an old 10" screen netbook with Atom processor and 2 Gigs of RAM. The screen is small, slow but it can be used for charting especially if you don't use too many indicators. One at the bottom is ok but 2 indicators will really make the candles very small. Web browser plus MT4 runs ok but you have to squeeze them to fit the screen and you can't open another program or the netbook will really run slow. The next I tried is an old Celeron 14", then an old Athlon 14" laptop both with 2 gigs of Ram and they worked quite well. Then an old Pentium Core2Duo 15" screen with 2 gigs of Ram and it worked well. Then a newer i3 17" screen, with 4 Gigs or Ram and it was flying. I guess an i3 will be more than enough.

Another trick that I like to do is to use a computer/laptop for charting and use my phone for placing trades. It will be nice if your broker has a smartphone app for their trading platform where you can just place trades by clicking on the Up and Down arrows/button (no more mouse clicking )

Happy trading!
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Hey welcome! Don't rush it, save up while you learn and I'm pretty sure
    that the learning will take a while
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hi John, welcome to BOTS. You can yourself a cheap pc or laptop in the meantime and slowly upgard as you go along

Bad idea to trade from phone! I tried to trade a spot real money account and bloew it ha ha!