Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trading Journey of Mani !!!

At last I got some guts to start my own diary. I had to overcome all my fear and nervousness for opening this diary. I told so much about me in the introduction. So I am not going to repeat the same here. Thank you very much all for your warm welcome. after all your replies only I had this courage.
    Well, to tell you frankly, I became member of the BOTS community in early 2015, but did not participate in any forum, did not post anything, did not get help. I was super confident in my trading that time. guess what, I blew up my account, so I came to the conclusion that this is not for me and moved on.
    finally thought of trading again. This time luckily, before opening a real account, joined this forum and learning quite a lot all these days. I am kicking myself off for not doing this last year itself. anyway past is past/

I am reading all your diaries and articles, youtube videos. found myself interested towards naked charting and trendlines. found Ronnel's Training Wheels as a treasure and for the past 2 days working on it. Thank you so much Ronnel for your guidance, I will keep on disturbing you anyway.

My strengths:

Loving and caring husband, 2 beautiful girls ( elder 8 years, younger 7 months )

will try to learn anything to its core,

very much interested in forex and Binary

My weaknesses :

My time is GMT+8. due to family commitments having very little time to spend on learning.
    couldn't spend too much of time during night when you guys are actively participating in the skype, so I feel like, I miss a major part of learning.

I have all this trade discipline only when I trade demo. once I open a real account, I became too excited and make many mistakes. I have to stop this.

that is enough about me right now.

Once again thanks for all your support and motivation. please extend the same all through my journey. Thanks al

Hi Mani, you have come to the right place to improve your skills. Bots and its members are friendly and support each other and above all are honest with you if you are doing something wrong lol.

We are similar in a way, if I find something that interests me I have an uncontrollable urge to understand it to its core.
    I too lost all control the first time I opened a live account, I think the discipline curve varies for everyone, that is why having a diary can help you become accountable for you mistakes.
    Even after I did great yesterday I still went for some trades, but luckily Sunny in the skype group told me to stop! It is good having a network of support and don't worry there are plenty of GMT+8 buddies for you in the group just say hello or share a chart and someone will be there in no time!

Look forward to seeing you grow your success best of luck
    "I looked up ninja's in a thesaurus, it said ninja's cannot be found......good job ninja's.....good job"

3. Thanks mani ana thanked this post
    This is a great start! Let us know what strategy and indicators you are using, the time frame of your trading and other details of this sort, money management etc...

No worries! I'll try to help you learn how to use naked charts but remember that without proper foundation naked charting can equally be dangerous because you'll be flying blind.

In naked charting there are different levels, styles, strategies, on how people trade it. Some think that they can add a Moving Average on the candles and still be considered as a naked chartist (which I think is total BS because naked means naked!)... Some use to plot Fibonacci. Some add lots of x-mas tree support and resistance lines and mostly prefers trading the candle bounce on S/R. Some use candlesticks, some use the twist and turns. Some just use trendlines and very minimal S/R lines and sometime none at all. This may sound weird but naked traders have their different ways of trading too just like with indicators, like I'm the MACD guy or I'm the Stochastic guy, or I'm the x-mas tree guy, etc. .

Another thing with naked charting is again divided into more smaller groups like long TF, Medium, short and all-rounder. Then divided again to people who follow or watch the news and to people who hates the news and just don't care. I belong to the most minimalist group, plus I don't follow the news and people like me are called raw or pure naked technical traders and we are very few. But don't worry because if you like using tools like Fib, Pitchfork, Gann Fan, Gann Grid, Elliot Wave, Fractals, etc. I still can teach you those too though I don't use them. It's really up to you to find your own naked trading style. It will be difficult for you to just pick one and instantly be it but remember, the more minimalist you go, the more study and charting time you will be needing.

About demo champions but suck in live trading is quite commonly heard of. Rabbit trading can help but even with lots of rabbiting and lots of advice on money management, many still flunk on live trading even when they are well skilled. The main problem goes back to the basic which is lack of self control, over confidence, fear and greed. Learn to control your emotions or all will just be a waste of time.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Thanks a lot Nimzv, yes I realized my mistakes, I know what not to do now very well, rather than what to do . I hope I will learn that in the coming days, months and years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimzv View Post
    Hi Mani, you have come to the right place to improve your skills. Bots and its members are friendly and support each other and above all are honest with you if you are doing something wrong lol.

We are similar in a way, if I find something that interests me I have an uncontrollable urge to understand it to its core.
    I too lost all control the first time I opened a live account, I think the discipline curve varies for everyone, that is why having a diary can help you become accountable for you mistakes.
    Even after I did great yesterday I still went for some trades, but luckily Sunny in the skype group told me to stop! It is good having a network of support and don't worry there are plenty of GMT+8 buddies for you in the group just say hello or share a chart and someone will be there in no time!

Look forward to seeing you grow your success best of luck

Thank you very much Ronnel. My problem is I am a sort of mixed group I guess, coz I like to give importance to NFP release, Unemployment data release, at the same time I like to apply fib in my chart to trade the retracement. Elliott waves I like to learn, but didn't get a chance.

I read a magazine called Your Trading Edge, in that a separate article about Gann is getting published in every issue, by that I know that Gann is one of the most accurate and most complicated indicators.

the thing is I really don't know what works for me, as nothing worked for me till date. or should I say, I don't know how to use them properly.

But this lack of self control, over confidence, fear and greed ..... Yes, I had them all once, But I realized very well that they will finish me at once if I continue my attitude. So I am very much sure that, I will have them in control coz life had taught me very hard lessons for lack of self control and over confidence. So in the coming days I will study more will try to do more charting. till that I am not going to open live account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    No worries! I'll try to help you learn how to use naked charts but remember that without proper foundation naked charting can equally be dangerous because you'll be flying blind.

In naked charting there are different levels, styles, strategies, on how people trade it. Some think that they can add a Moving Average on the candles and still be considered as a naked chartist (which I think is total BS because naked means naked!)... Some use to plot Fibonacci. Some add lots of x-mas tree support and resistance lines and mostly prefers trading the candle bounce on S/R. Some use candlesticks, some use the twist and turns. Some just use trendlines and very minimal S/R lines and sometime none at all. This may sound weird but naked traders have their different ways of trading too just like with indicators, like I'm the MACD guy or I'm the Stochastic guy, or I'm the x-mas tree guy, etc. .

Another thing with naked charting is again divided into more smaller groups like long TF, Medium, short and all-rounder. Then divided again to people who follow or watch the news and to people who hates the news and just don't care. I belong to the most minimalist group, plus I don't follow the news and people like me are called raw or pure naked technical traders and we are very few. But don't worry because if you like using tools like Fib, Pitchfork, Gann Fan, Gann Grid, Elliot Wave, Fractals, etc. I still can teach you those too though I don't use them. It's really up to you to find your own naked trading style. It will be difficult for you to just pick one and instantly be it but remember, the more minimalist you go, the more study and charting time you will be needing.

About demo champions but suck in live trading is quite commonly heard of. Rabbit trading can help but even with lots of rabbiting and lots of advice on money management, many still flunk on live trading even when they are well skilled. The main problem goes back to the basic which is lack of self control, over confidence, fear and greed. Learn to control your emotions or all will just be a waste of time.

Easter holidays,,,,,,,,,,,, 5 long days, ,,,,,,,,, going out every day to visit friends and having couple of friends at my place. though it is nice, feeling like I don't have any time for my learning. all ways feeling that, I am missing something, feeling guilty of not studying anything.
    I wish I can say to my family that I couldn't come out coz I have my own important things to do. But.....
    so I promised myself that from next week I week stay one more hour awake and compensate for these days. lets see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mani ana View Post
    Thank you very much Ronnel. My problem is I am a sort of mixed group I guess, coz I like to give importance to NFP release, Unemployment data release, at the same time I like to apply fib in my chart to trade the retracement. Elliott waves I like to learn, but didn't get a chance.

I read a magazine called Your Trading Edge, in that a separate article about Gann is getting published in every issue, by that I know that Gann is one of the most accurate and most complicated indicators.

the thing is I really don't know what works for me, as nothing worked for me till date. or should I say, I don't know how to use them properly.

But this lack of self control, over confidence, fear and greed ..... Yes, I had them all once, But I realized very well that they will finish me at once if I continue my attitude. So I am very much sure that, I will have them in control coz life had taught me very hard lessons for lack of self control and over confidence. So in the coming days I will study more will try to do more charting. till that I am not going to open live account.
    This is the question I asked myself before when I was using/learning different strategies... "Am I winning???" Please think about this and answer this to your self with pure honesty.

Does your "mixed group" makes you win??? If yes then continue doing it, If no then your strategies are crap or your foundation is very weak and time to go back to the drawing board. I ask this to myself too whenever I have doubts, I ask myself "how's my foundation and is the strategy for me". There are times when I encounter a wall on my trading, I will stop and study the same thing again until I gain back my confidence. Since I have found what works very well for me and don't want to lose my edge, I frequently go back to my notes, do lots of paper and live trading and still spend lots of time staring at the charts.

You asked me privately to teach you naked charting, I think with your busy schedule that it will be very hard for us to find time for your lessons. My and suggestion for you is to study when you can find extra time and do lots of paper trades and log in your result in your notebook. Use only the strategy that makes you the most ITMs and dump the rest.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.
    Last edited by Ronnel; 03-27-2016 at 04:53 AM.
    Duct Tape can't fix OTM

Hi Mani, Happy Easter to you....
    I have been reading and following your posts. I have been trading forex and BO. I share with you some knowledge and experience.
    Firstly I find that your foundation is very weak and you like to jump from one indicator/strategy to another if it fails without finding what is the cause of it hoping that the next indicator/strategy will have better results. Remember, you stand up from where you fall and you will become stronger.

Every inidcator has their advantages and usage and also their weakness. You must learn the basis of each indicator so you will have a firm and strong foundation and give you a strong grasp when you advance to other indicators. When an indicator fails you must must find out the reason and study/research how can you improve on it.
    You swtich to Gann, fibo, pivot points; do you have the foundation? Do you know the theory behind the indicators? Do you know SR, the difference betwen major and and minor SR?
    MACD, do you learn divergence, how do you use moving averages?
    For Elliot wave is more advanced. Is a good tool combine with fibo. Again I would say you need firm background and foundation and not just apply the tool blindly; how to count vaves, retracement waves,correction waves, impluse waves, waves within waves, ete...etc...etc

You have to start learning from the begining if not you will fall hard. Before you learn naked charting you have to have a firm foundation. I am a naked chartist, too. I use naked charts to trade both forex and BO. If you look at my thread I have many inidcators. Those indicators I use for analysis. Ronnel has seen my trading charts; it has very simple indicators and easy to use but now my charts have changed because I keep learning and improving myself. Recently I posted a Gann grid on skype; I didnt use this tool for a very long time so I just dig it out to refresh myself; it's a revision.

Mani, technical traders and fundamental traders are oppossing. They do have different views and that results in having buyers and sellers in the market. I am a pure technical trader, a naked chartist, too. what the figure released it does not matter to me. You must determine what trader you want to be and focus on it. I see from your posts that you are easily moved, influenced by surrounding factors which is very, very bad and harmful to your trading. You must be firm and confident in your analysis, nothing can change your ananlysis and your decision not even the news report, NFP, GDP, unemployment data report etc....etc....

You must learn to have confidence and not easily been influenced. But first you must have a strong and firm foundation and background!!!!

I have been advising newbies to stay away from news; its very risky. For you, stay away from trading when there is news release.
    As for me, I trade on news myself and I enter trades before the news are being released to catch the ride. Ronnel knows how I do it.

Attached are my trading charts that I uses for both BO and forex; very simple and easy chart, not complicated and complex, naked charts with SR only. Mani, Start learning from the begining and learn the basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USDJPYH1.jpg   Untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by willyw; 03-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.

11. Thanks Ronnel thanked this post
    Thank you very much Ronnel . Yes, that's what I am thinking of . Going to invest a good amount of time in studying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    This is the question I asked myself before when I was using/learning different strategies... "Am I winning???" Please think about this and answer this to your self with pure honesty.

Does your "mixed group" makes you win??? If yes then continue doing it, If no then your strategies are crap or your foundation is very weak and time to go back to the drawing board. I ask this to myself too whenever I have doubts, I ask myself "how's my foundation and is the strategy for me". There are times when I encounter a wall on my trading, I will stop and study the same thing again until I gain back my confidence. Since I have found what works very well for me and don't want to lose my edge, I frequently go back to my notes, do lots of paper and live trading and still spend lots of time staring at the charts.

You asked me privately to teach you naked charting, I think with your busy schedule that it will be very hard for us to find time for your lessons. My and suggestion for you is to study when you can find extra time and do lots of paper trades and log in your result in your notebook. Use only the strategy that makes you the most ITMs and dump the rest.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.