Sudden price movement !!!

Hey guys,

Does anyone know why and when these sudden changes in price occur?

Picture.

Greetings,
    Stefan

As far as I can see, you're using 1m charts.

Price can move very fast on that chart, without any clear reason. Also fast moves can occur when news is released or markets open/close.

Best is to take look at the financial calendar and keep track of big news events and consider if it's good to be in the market at those hours (depends on your trading system/rules)

No news were announced as far as my calender is correct (http://www.fxstreet.com/economic-calendar/)

Yeah, these are 1m charts but these sudden price movements often occur exactly when I my broker closes position-opening for the next expiry. (mostly 5min before expiry time)

I don't see what you mean with "sudden" change in those pictures.
    Just price doing what it always does.
    By the way, there is no point in trading EUR/USD and USD/CHF at the same time, these
    two assets are correlated, if one moves up the other moves down. So it means if you lose one
    the other is most likely to lose too, sure you could win both but I still don't see the point.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Often there is a fall or rise exactly 5 minutes before expiry.
    Why is that?
    Why do people sell exactly 5 minutes before the hour ends so often?

Well, I prefer trading USD/CHF but the problem is that I have to get in at least 15 minutes before expiry there so I trade EUR/USD simultaniously sometimes

Trader 2016 - that is exactly why I avoid trading with arranged, given expiries. 15m, 30m, 45m, full hour. I suppose, that most traders are using these prescribed expiry dates
    which are handled by most platforms. I think, that I`m doing better with a platform like CT`s, where I decide a. the entry and according to the chosen runtime - my point of expiry.
    Check f.e. with the Dow: if you trade 21.00 hrs, 10 m, you will lose/win 1:1, start your trade at 21.01 until 21.11 you win 8:2/7:3. Same with FTSE 15.15, 15 min
    is losing 5x out of 10, make it 15:15:20 you are ITM about 7x out of ten. It`s almost like the big announcements: trades come in the last seconds and you must be lucky, to have chosen the "good" direction. I avoid to try to beat the big boys: I wait, which direction the majority prefers and try to pick up some peas. Good luck and successful trading
    modena

There are periods of time which are more volatile and most often that happen around market open and closing hours. There are some strategies to trade around these hours but most of the time it is pure gambling to enter short term trades few minutes before market open or market close hours.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Trader2016 View Post
    Often there is a fall or rise exactly 5 minutes before expiry.
    Why is that?
    Why do people sell exactly 5 minutes before the hour ends so often?

Well, I prefer trading USD/CHF but the problem is that I have to get in at least 15 minutes before expiry there so I trade EUR/USD simultaniously sometimes
    Every currency pair has their unique patterns you will learn that in time. I usually don't set my expiry at end of hour for
    EUR/USD for example. Because it almost always turns around full or half hours. Keep watching charts look for certain time and expiry patterns.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content