Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trading Diary Sherman !!!

Hi all,

this is Sherman here based in a little red dot known as Singapore, I had traded Binary Options a few years back and lost some money due to inexperience in using any analysis tools and was also influenced by online videos on how to make money with 60 seconds options (won when trend was in your favor but lost big time when it was turning against you as the videos taught people to double up after each 60 seconds closing trade in the hope the market will turn). I only started trading again recently in Dec 2015 as I found that this forum was really helpful and I really wanted to make things move with Binary Options. Thanks to the teachers (Okane, Willy, Ronnel to name a few and also spoken to Kolyo) here who are willing to share their experiences, I have been able to better understand the charts. My focus is currently on the EURUSD pair due to Okane's teachings.

My goal is to aspire to be a full-time trader in the future once I am more comfortable with my trades and analysis. My tools for analysis are SR lines, trendlnes and the stoch indicator although I'm still learning and tuning it along the way, I will be posting my trades moving forward and hope everyone can give me their thoughts.

Tips and thoughts by trainers and reading
    1) Do NOT let emotions get the better of myself (take each trade independently, focus focus)
    2) Money Management of 3-5% depending
    3) Do NOT RUSH into trades if TF and Stoch do not meet, else take the next trade (need to disciple myself on this)

Thank you.
    Last edited by sorrow; 03-10-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Hey, excellent choice to open a diary!
    Don't forget to use lightshot to take screenshots and share here so we
    can see your trades and settings
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

3. Thanks sorrow thanked this post
    Hi Sherman,
    Nice to see that you have created your diary.
    Keep it up!

5. Thanks sorrow thanked this post
    Thank you Okane and Ronnel for being the firsts to reply to my diary, sorry was asleep last night (dead tired). Here's my first trade posting on this diary, my trades will be based on my MT4 timings

09 March 2016
    Trade at 1657H expiry at 1715H
    TF: overbought on M30, M15, M5
    SR Line: Had a line at 1.09476
    Entry: 1.04945
    Expired: 1.09547
    Option: CALL
    Result: ITM
    Reason: M30, M15, M5 overbought, touching SR line

Trade at 1806H expiry at 1815H
    TF: overbought on M5
    SR Line: Had a line at 1.109669
    Entry: 1.09659
    Expiry: 1.097515
    Option: PUT
    Result: OTM
    Reason: M15 not overbought, huge bullish candle on M15 indicating strong buying interests (pointed out by Okane)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09 March Call and Put.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	4151
    Last edited by sorrow; 03-10-2016 at 04:35 AM.

10 March 2016
    Trade at 0529H expiry at 0545H
    TF: M15 reaching OB (did not go OB at time of entry but based on candles will reach OB once clossed on XX:30 mark, M5 OB
    SR Line: Had a line at 1.09844 (just adjusted)
    Entry: 1.098465
    Expiry: 1.09824
    Result: ITM
    Reason: M15, M5 overbought, touching SR line
    Remarks: Price did hover above the SR line for a few minutes before dipping, no super bullish candle observed in M15

Name:	10 March Put (M15).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	4153

Name:	10 March Put (M1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	4154
    Last edited by sorrow; 03-10-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Hi Sherman, good to see that you have started your own trading diary. Keep it up. To be a discipline trader is not easy. You have to overcome some obstacles esp your 2 big enemies, greed and emotion.
    Greed can be overcome if you discipline yourself but emotion is the hardest to overcome. Don't let your losses affect your next trade. Remember our old saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk" and 好馬不吃回頭草. Is the same that applies that you don't bring your anger in your office back home and vice versa.
    Saying is easy but put into practice is not easy. If emotion takes over you the more you want to win the more you will loose. So just take it easy. For me I am immune to losses, when I lost I will find out what went wrong and learn from there to improve. Is not that money is not important to me, I don't want the losses to affect my life and my next trade. Go have have a cup of kopi have a stick of cig and listen to some light music to relax yourself. Follow Milos style, stop trading for the day and come back the next day fresh and with a clear mind and don't remember the lost of your previous trade. AND DON'T HAVE THE THINKING THIS TRADE IS TO REVENGE TO MAKE BACK YOUR LOSSES FOR THE PREVIOUS TRADE AND NEVER, NEVER DOUBLE-UP!!!!

Keep it up, Sherman. Any questions please feel free to ask or PM me, I am willing to guide and teach you.
    Hope to meet you one of these days!!!!
    Last edited by willyw; 03-10-2016 at 01:58 AM.

9. Thanks sorrow thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    Hi Sherman, good to see that you have started your own trading diary. Keep it up. To be a discipline trader is not easy. You have to overcome some obstacles esp your 2 big enemies, greed and emotion.
    Greed can be overcome if you discipline yourself but emotion is the hardest to overcome. Don't let your losses affect your next trade. Remember our old saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk" and 好馬不吃回頭草. Is the same that applies that you don't bring your anger in your office back home and vice versa.
    Saying is easy but put into practice is not easy. If emotion takes over you the more you want to win the more you will loose. So just take it easy. For me I am immune to losses, when I lost I will find out what went wrong and learn from there to improve. Is not that money is not important to me, I don't want the losses to affect my life and my next trade. Go have have a cup of kopi have a stick of cig and listen to some light music to relax yourself. Follow Milos style, stop trading for the day and come back the next day fresh and with a clear mind and don't remember the lost of your previous trade. AND DON'T HAVE THE THINKING THIS TRADE IS TO REVENGE TO MAKE BACK YOUR LOSSES FOR THE PREVIOUS TRADE AND NEVER, NEVER DOUBLE-UP!!!!

Keep it up, Sherman. Any questions please feel free to ask or PM me, I am willing to guide and teach you.
    Hope to meet you one of these days!!!!
    Yes Willy Sensei, I thank you and all the trainers and fellow traders whom have shared their valuable experiences, although I can't take in all the techniques but all these will be useful should I be able to reach the standard of teaching others and share things here and there.
    Last edited by sorrow; 03-10-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Great start to your diary Sherman, look forward to seeing how you progress. Good luck!
    "I looked up ninja's in a thesaurus, it said ninja's cannot be found......good job ninja's.....good job"

12. Thanks sorrow thanked this post
    10 March 2016
    Trade at 0844H expiry at 0900H
    TF: M15, M5 OB
    SR Line: NOT touching any SR Lines
    Entry: 1.097845
    Expiry: 1.098135
    Result: OTM
    Reason: M15, M5 overbought
    Remarks: Did not touch SR line, broker takes the point of open, within the minute of open candle made a big drop. Was trying to see if any trades could be entered without touching any SR Lines

Name:	10 March Put (M5) OTM.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	4168

had a long session with Willy and Ronnel Sensei today on charting, looks like I will be going back to the drawing board first. In the mean time, I will keep my diary updated along the way with a new strategy.