Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only Me!

Rookie Member

Only Me! !!!

Well, here I am. Suppose it's time I should introduce myself!

I'm a 37 year old Paramedic from the UK looking to get to grips with all this trading malarkey!
    I, like most newbies, stumbled upon BO's through random spam adverts, emails and the like.
    I disregarded most of it as I have unfortunately been stung before with an investment! (It was in sports betting syndicate which was going great, making a lot of money on paper but unfortunately turned out to be a rather large exit scam!)

I decided to look more into stocks and shares and BO's sprung to mind with the apparent simplicity of it all.
    How wrong was I lol!

Came upon this forum and site about 2 weeks ago and have been eagerly reading my way through, trying to make sense of it. I have a very basic understanding of it but now just need to clarify things in my head.

Look forward to the day when I can make sense of the spreadsheets and work up the bottle to open a trading account.

In the mean time I shall continue working my way through the schools and following the forum.
    That's when my 10week old girl gives me the chance to!

Nice to meet you all and look forward to any advice given.
    Be gentle haha

Hey Mate - I am Dan from NZ - Fireman with a 7 month old boy Welcome to the forums and thank you for not being a lurker haha. My best advice is to start a diary. There are some other things that I am sure you have already figured out like back test any strategy properly with MT4 and then use the community traders platform that we have as a demo account to see if what you are doing works in real time. Dont put in more than 300 pounds when you do start and read all terms and conditions in any bonus's. I am currently using Stockpair and I have had a pretty good experience with them.

Hello Tyrantino!

Welcome in the forum. You've started reading bots school. You can continue to test CT.I advice you to visit our war rooms and trading dairies.

Milos

Hey welcome! Keep reading on the school and give it time, mastering trading takes time.
    You will see plenty of Guru's left and right but in this forum we make a fool out of them
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Rookie Member
    Just downloaded MT4....damn!
    I thought I had a good grasp of things but seeing the markets moving and bings and bongs all over the place is a bit daunting!
    Daniel, thanks for the advice mate, particularly deposit amounts and such. May be a while before I work up the bottle to 'go live' haha. Can I ask, how much would you be trading on any given trade? Hope the little man gives you time to do it
    Milos thank you for the tips.
    Okane,i read the entire thread on the trading diary of Ronnel last night, great read and your input was invaluable so thank you for the welcome.

6. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Welcome to CommuniTraders!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantino View Post
    Just downloaded MT4....damn!
    I thought I had a good grasp of things but seeing the markets moving and bings and bongs all over the place is a bit daunting!
    Daniel, thanks for the advice mate, particularly deposit amounts and such. May be a while before I work up the bottle to 'go live' haha. Can I ask, how much would you be trading on any given trade? Hope the little man gives you time to do it
    Milos thank you for the tips.
    Okane,i read the entire thread on the trading diary of Ronnel last night, great read and your input was invaluable so thank you for the welcome.
    yeah man just start slow, trading only looks easy when price isn't moving. That's why they call it the hard right edge, the left side of the chart where all the data is makes it easy to see signals in hindsight, the right edge where prices are always moving is where you have to make decisions and that is hard.

Listen to the guys, read the articles, use the CT demo and all will be well. ;-)

Thanks and good to see you are already getting to know the forums and learning
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Well in theory I always try trade no more than 2% of my account balance But I do float between 2-5%. My account with Stockpair is in USD and they used to allow you to enter manually $12 and that was the smallest trade. But they have now made the smallest $20. Not sure what the smallest trade amount they allow in pounds. There are other good brokers that offer as low as $1 trades too if that is more for you just look at what BOTS recommends. But the way I see it if you feel like you have to do trades in $1 amounts then you need to be on a demo account. For me I could never take a trade seriously if it was only 80 cents for a win or you loose $1. I think that would make me become a little careless and I would not want that to become ingrained in my trading psyche.

One lesson I have always known about but have only just "learned" is that volume of trades means nothing. Taking less trades that have a higher chance of success is way better. The magic with Binary Options is the payout when you are right. For example if you started with $100 and only traded in 2% amounts and did 2 successful trades a week then in four years you would end up with $45000. I worked that out for myself so I would pay attention to trying to be accurate more. I love the feeling when I have a trade going and if I have been at the computer watching charts for 3 hour without any trades sometimes I would bend my rules and convince myself I was seeing stuff or knew where the market was going and then place a trade which only had a 50% chance of winning.

Anyway I have rambled on haha. If you have any more quesitons feel free to start your own thread if you can not find the answers anywhere as there will be a lot of lurkers that will benefit from the answers also

Welcome to BOTS, Tyrantino! Nice to have you here. Keep on reading the School and the forum posts here and you'll improve.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder