Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RSI Indicator in MT4 !!!

Having read articles about RSI and how useful it is, I put it on the chart in MT4 only to find it doesn't have the moving average line,only the single RSI line. I have also used FreeStockCharts.com - online stock chart thingy - and it's RSI has the moving average line as well. I find this to a really good tool as the crossovers give great signals of changing direction in price movement. Is it possible to get the same setup in MT4 ? - it seems to be a big limitation in MT4 if it doesn't support this kind of indicator - or am I missing something obvious ? I am new to setting up charts, and after using the RSI + MA, that is the one that makes the most sense to me - and has worked well in test trades.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMnz View Post
    Having read articles about RSI and how useful it is, I put it on the chart in MT4 only to find it doesn't have the moving average line,only the single RSI line. I have also used FreeStockCharts.com - online stock chart thingy - and it's RSI has the moving average line as well. I find this to a really good tool as the crossovers give great signals of changing direction in price movement. Is it possible to get the same setup in MT4 ? - it seems to be a big limitation in MT4 if it doesn't support this kind of indicator - or am I missing something obvious ? I am new to setting up charts, and after using the RSI + MA, that is the one that makes the most sense to me - and has worked well in test trades.
    Why not just drop it in there the same window if I understand you?

View>Navigator>MA just click and drag and drop in RSI window should be all set
    Last edited by randy1953; 02-24-2016 at 04:29 AM.
    “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
    Mark Twain

Thanks Randy, thats exactly what I thought, so I tried it and it just went into the main window - I must be having a 'window focus' problem. So you are saying that it works that way for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMnz View Post
    Thanks Randy, thats exactly what I thought, so I tried it and it just went into the main window - I must be having a 'window focus' problem. So you are saying that it works that way for you ?
    You need to click and drag it to the RSI window I think
    Mark Twain

Wish that worked......

I see your right..try taking the MACD and set it like you would set it as a MA nd drop it in see what happens
    Mark Twain

Never mind here you go
    After attaching the RSI indicator.
    Drag the Moving Average Indicstor from the Navigator window
    to the RSI indicator
    and choose "Previous Indicator Data" from Apply to drop box.
    Mark Twain

I end up with a histogram, with the MA running through it, I trid the RSI and MACD and got 2 windows - still not anything like what I am looking for. Sorry to be a pain, but I am surprised that MT4 just doesnt do this as a default option - maybe its in the list of indicators with names I dont understand yet.

I gave you the answer John

After attaching the RSI indicator.
    Drag the Moving Average Indicstor from the Navigator window
    to the RSI indicator
    and choose "Previous Indicator Data" from Apply to drop box.
    Mark Twain

OK got it, had to find the 'Navigator window' first. Thanks for your advice and patience.