Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie Timezone Question !!!

Hi, I am very interested in getting into Binary trading and have worked through most of the school section, but it has now occurred to me that being based in New Zealand may pose a challenge because of the time zone I am in. ie London and NewYork exchanges are open overnight for us. So it is not likely I could be around at 3.30am for the NY trade opening - which seems to preclude trading any short expiry times.

This may just be a stupid question, but I am wondering how more experienced traders deal with timezone differences, and if there is any advice on how to apply a good strategy in my time zone. Does this just mean I focus on longer trade expiry ? Or am I missing some obvious aspect of the whole thing ?

Simple you find first your best strategy and then you find the best markets and times to trade and then you trade (if it means trading at 4AM to get my best results) that is what I would do.
    “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
    Mark Twain

Thanks for your advice - I need to keep working on strategy and expiry timeframes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMnz View Post
    Thanks for your advice - I need to keep working on strategy and expiry timeframes.
    Yes strategy is the most important thing. There are lots of very good strategy you will never find the Holy Grail but what you must find if you are to be successful is a strategy that goes well with your own personality. For me as example I will always go for short term as for me they are the most accurate but other trader may do better with much longer time frames it doesn't mean one is better than the other however one will be better than the other for you so you need to test them out.
    “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMnz View Post
    Hi, I am very interested in getting into Binary trading and have worked through most of the school section, but it has now occurred to me that being based in New Zealand may pose a challenge because of the time zone I am in. ie London and NewYork exchanges are open overnight for us. So it is not likely I could be around at 3.30am for the NY trade opening - which seems to preclude trading any short expiry times.

This may just be a stupid question, but I am wondering how more experienced traders deal with timezone differences, and if there is any advice on how to apply a good strategy in my time zone. Does this just mean I focus on longer trade expiry ? Or am I missing some obvious aspect of the whole thing ?
    Hey John, we have some aussie and far east traders around. Try Willy, has a lot of experience and based in Vietnam.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Welcome John - Glad to have another kiwi here

Where in NZ are you from? I am from Wellington. I actually love our time zone. I find the market works for me from 5pm through to as late as you want to stay up. Makes for perfect trading while having another job. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions etc.

Hi Daniel, I am in Whangarei Northland, thanks for your advice. Will definitely look at markets from 5.00PM this week.

Look for an asset that is active during your available time... there must be something you can trade, possibly a yen based currency pair, the New Zealand dollar should be good for you, maybe the Aussi dollar, or gold.

Hi John and Daniel,
    I'm a Kiwi and live in Warkworth, great to see others here. John I trade from about 5am till 10am and then 1.00pm till whenever, I've tried the getting up early stuff but decided I wanted to be able to trade our daytime instead. I'm a beginner and still learning.

I found today (Tuesday in NZ) that everything is open during the day on the Communitraders demo trade system, don't know how that relates to acual live trading systems, but it just might be Mondays when stuff is closed to us because its still Sunday in other timezones. Still at the beginning of this - learning when trading is open. Had a few demo trades with mixed results - but at least its a start.