Strke rate vs expiry rate on new account !!!

I have been looking at the way strike rates and expiry rates are normally acquired but it is not making sense when I compare them to my transaction history. When I opened an account I was given a session with account manager who wanted to show me how to speed trade using 60 sec trades. All trades were "put" trades and I noticed several were expiring within seconds of the time others trades were being placed. However the strike rate price was always higher than the expiry rate price on the two different trades. This is what bothers me. I read several times on this site that 60 sec trades is not consistent enough to make part of a strategy, but during that little trial session I must have placed maybe 30 some trades in about 4 minutes, lost 3 of the first 4 and all the following were winners, imagine that, the new guy wins 27 trades in a row and all were 60 sec expiry.

I love to play around with some ideas, look to see what the charts say for that time frame or something if anyone has a suggestion. I'm basically looking to see if there is something here that others can be alerted to watch for when opening a new account when they are pressuring you to get to the next level and deposit more funds.

sounds like the account manager was trying to convince you you could be profitable on 60 seconds, which it is highly unlikely you will be. Basically, don't let anyone from the broker pressure you to deposit more money, and don't let them snowball you into thinking you can get some wild rate of wins, especially with 60 seconds. it is in their best interest for you to lose as much as they can get you to lose, so anything they offer to you must be viewed with this in mind... there is a huge conflict of interest for a broker or their representative showing you how to win.

3. Thanks Joedeertay thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedeertay View Post
    I have been looking at the way strike rates and expiry rates are normally acquired but it is not making sense when I compare them to my transaction history. When I opened an account I was given a session with account manager who wanted to show me how to speed trade using 60 sec trades. All trades were "put" trades and I noticed several were expiring within seconds of the time others trades were being placed. However the strike rate price was always higher than the expiry rate price on the two different trades. This is what bothers me. I read several times on this site that 60 sec trades is not consistent enough to make part of a strategy, but during that little trial session I must have placed maybe 30 some trades in about 4 minutes, lost 3 of the first 4 and all the following were winners, imagine that, the new guy wins 27 trades in a row and all were 60 sec expiry.

I love to play around with some ideas, look to see what the charts say for that time frame or something if anyone has a suggestion. I'm basically looking to see if there is something here that others can be alerted to watch for when opening a new account when they are pressuring you to get to the next level and deposit more funds.

Well you have a demo account correct and hopefully you can remember how you made those trades correct. then on your own see if you can continue to repeat the same results. Also if you remember exactly how you were shown to do this please post it.
    Also was thins on a spot option platform?

If it was you can go to spotoption and open a demo account there and try to do the same thing. I can't trade that way it takes to long since I am trading from a MT4 but when I use to trade spotoption over at Blommbex I have a 80% ITM and spot option was the only platform that worked for me.
    Good luck

PS Micahel is correct remember these offshore brokers you trade against them none of those guys will ever show you how to win it's like giving a bat to someone asking them to hit you with it.
    However he may have showed you something that could have value thats why I asked you to try to repeat the results on your own in demo only of course.
    Sometimes you can get a account manager that is not that bright or brand new ao it is possible. You won't know until you give it a try on your own
    Last edited by randy1953; 02-20-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
    Mark Twain

5. Thanks Joedeertay thanked this post