Connect to my broker account?? !!!

I have been away for 6 months as some of you know. Can someone explain to me why I would want to connect my broker account to use communitrader platform now? I dont want to copy anyones trades at all. To me that feels like we are going against what we are trying to teach. Learn for yourself and you will achieve. Not leech others hard work.

For now I am not doing it so I cant use our trading platform which is a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rea View Post
    I have been away for 6 months as some of you know. Can someone explain to me why I would want to connect my broker account to use communitrader platform now? I dont want to copy anyones trades at all. To me that feels like we are going against what we are trying to teach. Learn for yourself and you will achieve. Not leech others hard work.

For now I am not doing it so I cant use our trading platform which is a bit sad.
    for you it would mean being able to use the CT platform to place trades on Stockpair, keep you from having to switch from one to the next. Our copy feature isn't like the rest, you can't copy all of someone trades by following them. But if you see one you like, and hit copy, it will take you to CT so you can make a similar trade and have it placed in your Stockpair account.

You are right, the goal is to learn to trade on your own, the copy feature has a variety of uses including training wheels for newbies, and an opportunity to copy trades you like but might not have found or seen on your own...

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Cheers Michael

Is there a way of passing this option though if it is not wanted? I want to use our platform but dont want to link at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rea View Post

That has nothing to do with the Trading Platform. The trading platform is always available, no matter if you've been connected with a broker or nor.

If you're having trouble with the trading platform, (unable to open it) that's another issue, I can help with (:
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams