Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Weekend Gap thread !!!

I through it would be cool to start a thread for trading the Gap on Sunday's

We can all list are results here. So lets hope we have some gaps.

For those that don't know what the Gap trading is I will post it again here.
    However lets just try to keep this thread clean from comments and use it like a diary of our gap trading thank you
    Randy

First money maker and how to begin the week with some money to trade with.
    It's called trading the weekend gap
    Also these are specific for Binary Option trading only you won't get many pips from them but you don't need pips to win in BO you just need one little pipette

Now of course we must have a gap to trade this. I normally have 8 or 9 pairs I am looking at when the market opens.

Every Sunday at 5 eastern(22:00 GMT) the market opens and many times you can CLEARLY see a gap, I use the RSI 13 LEVELS 30, 70.

If the opening price starts with the GAP and also in OB, OS, it is very high probability that the price will retrace to fill the gap.

INDICATORS; RSI 13 levels 30, 70.

TIME-FRAME; 5M

EXPIRY TIME: 30M IF YOUR BROKER OPENS at 5 pm. Eastern time.

20M if your Broker opens at 5;10
    The only downside for this is finding a broker that opens right at this time but they are out there. I promise you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaptr12.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	3978

This is the way a post should look, thanks for introducing a new trading idea with clearly detailed instructions. This is very similar to my approach with opening bell momentum.. . only I don't look for gaps in forex pairs, I use futures trading to indicate when there may be sufficient momentum at the open of index trading to carry the stock higher in the first 5 to 15 minutes.

opening momentum strategy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    This is the way a post should look, thanks for introducing a new trading idea with clearly detailed instructions. This is very similar to my approach with opening bell momentum.. . only I don't look for gaps in forex pairs, I use futures trading to indicate when there may be sufficient momentum at the open of index trading to carry the stock higher in the first 5 to 15 minutes.

opening momentum strategy thread.
    Your welcome now maybe we will get a gap or 2 today!

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    Your welcome now maybe we will get a gap or 2 today!
    we could easiy, especially when the Asian sessions open up ,China was closed all week and the others were closed for the day long before the Friday US rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    we could easiy, especially when the Asian sessions open up ,China was closed all week and the others were closed for the day long before the Friday US rally.
    Nice thanks for the feedback

Thanks for sharing. Yes, finding a broker that opens early is difficult.
    Maybe Stockpair?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

mine does sometimes my broker use to be open at open time right on the clock till a few members in another forum began bragging about how great this strategy was and they never lost a trade well a couple weeks later guess what the broker opens later now.
    I mean you can talk in general as I do about a strategy but when you begin to name brokers then problems come

Curious is your CT trader open at market time today you can trade the gap there also
    I will be live trading don't have time to check it out but someone should in like 5 mins

Good gap in EUR/USD and USD/JPY but not open yet on my end

Yep, nice gap, but 24Option also had a big distance in opening price. As far as I could see, Ayrex and optionpair are not useful for the strategy, since they are still closed at that time.

Although on paper, the strategy really looks good (tested from 2012 till half 2015 now), the problem is the broker.

At least got me some dimes for the effort in trading Forex on that move :P