Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from Cherokee Lake TN !!!

Been interested for a while now going to try and see if I know what I think I know and if I can recover an earlier loss. I found this forum awhile back and failed to bookmark it so it took a bit of searching to make it back. One thing I have been trying to find out is if the brokers are on an exchange together or do they keep things in house and its the account holders vs the brokers. I didn't think it was that way but reading some articles it began to suggest that is how some operate. Another small issue I am having is finding live charts to practice with. I've tried a few recommended downloads and opened demo accounts but as luck would have it the demo accounts don't offer the pairs I'd like to try out or the charts do not appear to be live only the last time frame when I opened it. I am using a mac and I know most charting software is built for PC and I do have two older laptops I can try and find a space for if I need to. Anyway, Hello from TN and glad I was able to get onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedeertay View Post
    Been interested for a while now going to try and see if I know what I think I know and if I can recover an earlier loss. I found this forum awhile back and failed to bookmark it so it took a bit of searching to make it back. One thing I have been trying to find out is if the brokers are on an exchange together or do they keep things in house and its the account holders vs the brokers. I didn't think it was that way but reading some articles it began to suggest that is how some operate. Another small issue I am having is finding live charts to practice with. I've tried a few recommended downloads and opened demo accounts but as luck would have it the demo accounts don't offer the pairs I'd like to try out or the charts do not appear to be live only the last time frame when I opened it. I am using a mac and I know most charting software is built for PC and I do have two older laptops I can try and find a space for if I need to. Anyway, Hello from TN and glad I was able to get onboard.
    Welcome you come from Moonshine country
    I can help with your first question. Yes trading Binary Options wit the exception of Nadex, Cantor exchange you would be trading against the broker directly. It is not a exchange like the previous mentioned ones. There has been some talk about a new Idea in the mist I think trade equal is the name with a peer to peer trading but have not heard much about it. It would be nice as you know there are quite a few disadvantages when you trade against the broker and really not any plus over trading in a exchange.

thanks for the welcome and reply, now that I got started in the school I might find my other answers there. The school is quite good. I am pleased to have found one source I can come to and good knowledgable information.

sure no problem enjoy your stay

Welcome aboard mate! Happy you enjoy our school! If you have any questions, do NOT hesitate to ask!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hey welcome. You can download http://www.metatrader4.com/
    for MAC on their website.
    You can also try NetDania's NetStation for free on their website.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

7. Thanks Joedeertay thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedeertay View Post

Welcome to CommuniTraders!

I'm also an OSX user and have tried using Metatrader for Mac but you need to run it through wine. Now I use Pepperstone MT4 which has wine built-in to it. The problem I'm encountering now with both Metatrader and Pepperstone is that I can only use demo. I tried many time to use live account but can't make it work. When I need to use live account I just jump to a Windows PC. For BO trading I just use Pepperstone demo which I find more than enough for me. Compared to Windows MT4, I have encountered problems like crashing and stalling on the Mac version but still usable. Sometimes I also use free live charts like stockcharts, etc. I also use anther program but that is a pain to use because it's in Japanese... My suggestion is Pepperstone if you don't like to use Wine. You can also use parallel or bootcamp if you want to run MT4 on Windows on you Mac.

9. Thanks Joedeertay thanked this post
    Welcome aboard mate! We're almost neighbors! I'm in Asheville NC.

Since you are US, you should sign up with OptionsXpress.com.. they aren't a binary site but an actual options and stock trading broker. the account is free and then you can use the live streaming Java Charts provided by them... its' what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Welcome aboard mate! We're almost neighbors! I'm in Asheville NC.

Since you are US, you should sign up with OptionsXpress.com.. they aren't a binary site but an actual options and stock trading broker. the account is free and then you can use the live streaming Java Charts provided by them... its' what I do.
    Really no wonder you are like that? Just joking I lived in Asheville for almost 3 years in west Asheville on state street next to that great Sunday breakfast place Sunny Point Cafe! So Michael who are you using to trade BO then?

Welcome on the forum. Try CT demo account. Its easy to use.

13. Thanks Joedeertay thanked this post