Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member ProteinJunky's Avatar

    Having A Really Hard Time Predicting Bullish Trends? !!!

    I am having a really hard time getting bullish trends down.

    when it comes to bearish i can generally figure them out for the most part, but when it comes to the market rising as opposed to falling i can't seem to get it right.

    any tips?

  2. #2
    Moderator Kolyo's Avatar
    Hi proteinjunky,

    There are times it is easier to figure out what the trend is and times it is much more difficult, but think from different point of view you will see that the problem is not in your perception, but in the market itself. Sometimes you are in a bearish trend on smaller time frame, which is embedded in a bearish trend in the daily time frame. Than it is easy to catch it, but if you are chasing a bullish trend in the same bearish macro environment you will feel it is much more difficult. The way to overcome this problem is to trade based on multi timeframe analysis and not to rely on a single time frame.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

  3. #3
    Veteran Member randy1953's Avatar
    Milos is correct using multi TF is the way to go.
    A quick easy way that I use is a good trend indicator I have my favorite one that gives you all the time frames in a glance . I think I actually have it here somewhere on a strategy I uploaded. Anyhow easy to tell you just look and see what your neighboring TF are doing.
    I would share it with you but some here go crazy when they see filefropper and want a whole page article written on what and why and How of the indicator.
    Bollinger bands (BB) are another way to tell they were designed just for that purpose a a trend following tool. If the market is ranging the bands will be tight and not wide if trending the bands are wide and expansive however his is more for ranging and trending we can have a strong downside bearish trend and the bands will be wide.

  4. #4
    Legendry Member milos's Avatar
    I use MACD, RSI,B Bands and Fibonacci.I use more trading indicators the following:

    1.To predict clear trend in the future for call/put option

    2.The best solution when all show the same price direction call/put option.In this case I'm 100% sure to be recorded in the money.

    3.Sometimes RSI could be neutral,while MACD,B Banda and Fibonacci show rising or downward trend line.I'm sure 75% to be recorded in the money.

    4.It happens that RSI could be neutral,MACD and B Bands bullish while Fibonacci bearish trend line.Trading indicators are mixed I don't trade.

  5. #5
    Legendry Member Okane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinJunky View Post
    I am having a really hard time getting bullish trends down.

    when it comes to bearish i can generally figure them out for the most part, but when it comes to the market rising as opposed to falling i can't seem to get it right.

    any tips?
    There is a specific trend for each timeframe.
    You should read this article:
    using the daily charts

    And you can watch some videos on our YouTube channel CommuniTraders Live where I have explained trends.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

  6. #6
    Veteran Member randy1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    I use MACD, RSI,B Bands and Fibonacci.I use more trading indicators the following:

    1.To predict clear trend in the future for call/put option

    2.The best solution when all show the same price direction call/put option.In this case I'm 100% sure to be recorded in the money.

    3.Sometimes RSI could be neutral,while MACD,B Banda and Fibonacci show rising or downward trend line.I'm sure 75% to be recorded in the money.

    4.It happens that RSI could be neutral,MACD and B Bands bullish while Fibonacci bearish trend line.Trading indicators are mixed I don't trade.
    100% sure and you give me crap for saying 90% yup thats why I will likely leave this forum so 2 faced.

  7. #7
    Legendry Member Michael Hodges's Avatar
    I think your real problem right now is that there are very few bullish trends in the market at this time... Friday action looks alike a bounce is happening, the weeks and months before then have been pretty bearish so finding a bull trend would have been very difficult..

  8. #8
    Moderator Kolyo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    100% sure and you give me crap for saying 90% yup thats why I will likely leave this forum so 2 faced.
    Hey guys
    Don’t get obsessed with percentages. This is not a productive way of thinking! Constantly watching past win rate won’t do any good to future win rate. There is no such thing like a constant win rate of a strategy, it always fluctuate and can be good or bad depending on conditions in the market. It is a sole discretion of a trader to decide whether to trade or to stop.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

  9. Thanks Ronnel thanked this post
  10. #9
    Veteran Member randy1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hey guys
    Don’t get obsessed with percentages. This is not a productive way of thinking! Constantly watching past win rate won’t do any good to future win rate. There is no such thing like a constant win rate of a strategy, it always fluctuate and can be good or bad depending on conditions in the market. It is a sole discretion of a trader to decide whether to trade or to stop.
    True however good traders will use different strategies depending on the market conditions and yes you are correct there are times you simply don't trade the market. A good trader knows when not to trade. One of the most important gifts you can give to yourself is to know what trades to pass on and not trade them. If you can do just this you will become very successful as a trader.

  11. #10
    Legendry Member Okane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    100% sure and you give me crap for saying 90% yup thats why I will likely leave this forum so 2 faced.
    I'm 47.8% sure he was being sarcastic.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
3